Has anyone been using the I-Detect software from Whites and Minelab?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone has been using the I-Detect software from Whites and Minelab. I was using the older 1.0 version and liked it. However on their website they have a new free upgrade to version 3.0 that I don't like as well. Seems the record keeping for the hardware (detectors) is missing. I haven't found a way to record serial numbers, warranty info and such with the new version. :tongue3:

http://www.ginkgoware.com/

Attachments

• I-Detect DFX.gif
    I-Detect DFX.gif
    11 KB · Views: 377

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision V3i, GMT, and X-Terra 705, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about you Sandman You got me looking into the Idetect program now!!!
I downloaded the freebie demo and now I think I may be hooked. On your problem I don't know if I am answering right or not or if I really understand your question but I noticed that on the control face DFX there is to very small entries one is I think PROGRAM and the other is HARDWARE I clicked on hardware and found the entry I think you are looking for. Well anyway give it a try.
Don

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, you are right!! I never saw the small Hardware tab. That is a handy place to store all your detectors info at one place.

I may not get around to listing my coins and finds, but it is a nice feature. Now days when I get home I am so tired that I toss the goodies in a bucket and hit the sack. There are plenty rainy days for playing in the bucket.

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision V3i, GMT, and X-Terra 705, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman Have you been having any trouble with I-Detect printing out reports?
I'm running out of time with the 14 day free trial version and as of today I can't get it to print anything out of the program. I don't have any other problem with the printer working in all me other programs.
I emailed I-Detect and they sent me a reply with a fix they thought would work but it didn't. so now what I sure don't wont to buy the program if I can't print out my records.
It probley will be all hinged on the fact that I am running that stupid VISTA operating system they sure screwed up when they came out with that system, Give me good old XP anytime.
Don

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, I am running XP and have no trouble printing. I haven't tried the I-detect on my Vista laptop.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where can you get this download for I-Detect...you got me interested now.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get the software at http://www.ginkgoware.com/ I like the new versoin mow that Don corrected my thinking on the Hardware tab. I don't know if it will print on the Vista OS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions