Has anyone ever seen/used these little suckers?

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mytimetoshine started a thread on the G&S hand dredge. It was because of this that I discovered these. I got $100 bucks from my mom for Christmas and could buy both. Need some reviews please! Ps, you will likely get a chuckle at the end of the first video.:laughing7:

I Googled barrel gold suction and found these two for starters. Interesting as I had not seen them before and the descriptions and performance match what desertdog described in the previously mentioned thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BELTMOUNT-HA...11220296567&

Dryland Wet Dry Hand Dredge Prospector Nugget Sluice Gold Sucker Crevice Pump | eBay

Upvote 0
GRASSHOPPER!!!!!!!! I can send you plans for a snipe gun that will only run you $10 to build yourself! I believe that we've talked about it before during one of our phone conversations. Let me know here or call me

Sensi Jeff

This is a Keene one I bought for around $30-35. But like Jeff said yoou can make it for $10. When I first got it i made a bunchof "custom" tips , but in all honesty I use the stock one 99% of the time. It also works great for flushing out a crack. I never go crackin without it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130924_210724.jpg
    IMG_20130924_210724.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 215
This is a Keene one I bought for around $30-35. But like Jeff said yoou can make it for $10. When I first got it i made a bunchof "custom" tips , but in all honesty I use the stock one 99% of the time. It also works great for flushing out a crack. I never go crackin without it.

Looks like a "gold buddy nugget sucker magnum" lol funny name but they work!

If I am working with smaller amounts of material, like cracks and crevices, I will use one of these gold suckers. The one on top is a 2 inch super gold sucker with a barrel 20 inches long, and an adapter that lets you use 3 smaller nozzles with it. The bottom one is a 1.5 inch sniper with a barrel 12 inches long. It uses the 3 nozzles below it. I use the sniper in dry crevices by first cleaning out all I can dry, then pouring in water and sucking it back out with the sniper.
small hand dredge combo.jpg

The first one I am looking at attaches to your belt, which keeps it in place and allows the other hand to snipe away. The vacuum generated by the bellow is equivalent to a V8 engine at idle. Still looks good to me.

Last edited:
I am looking into these myself, they look a bit flimsy and some are too bulky to carry very far. I was thinking of having a smaller more portable one made of aluminium built.

I'm leaning towards a longer slimmer version now, based on what I learned last time out. I still like the belt hook up tho. In the end, I want more quantity, less time fiddling with emptying it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back