Has Anyone Ever Tried This?

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
This is not a find but something of interest. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this combination. Since it is getting dark early this time of year I thought a light on the detector might be just what is needed to help at dusk. Then I decided to take it another step further and attach the light to my Sun Ray XL-1 probe. I haven't taken it out yet but it looks promising. The idea is this, use it to see the coil, when you want to dig use the probe as a probe and light. Maybe it will work I will let you know.

Upvote 0

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Wouldn't the casing of the flashlight and the batteries interupt the signal of the probe? It looks awfully close to the sensor.

Robert in SC

OP
OP
DetectoDude

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
The part of the probe that is detecting seems to be far enough away not to bother the signal. Ah a headset along with that is an excellent idea, thanks. As for the name Eyelite, I think that is already taken.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I'm new, so here goes. What is a probe and how do you use it? Is it a pinpointer? How does it work? Do I need one?

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
How will you keep your light focused on the target when you dig? On the beach, using a scoop O.K., I would imagine?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dennis p said:
I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I'm new, so here goes. What is a probe and how do you use it? Is it a pinpointer? How does it work?? Do I need one?
? ? ? ? ? ? ?The Probe is the Long white Object above, that you see the Flashlight connected to. This particular Probe/ Pinpointer,? runs in-line thru the detectors Circutry, all you do when you find an object, is flick a switch, remove the probe from the detector and use the front end of the probe as your detector. You can buy probes that dont run thru the detector also. The nice thing about probes are they make pinpointing alot easier and quicker, the nice thing about in-line probes is you can? discriminate with them also & use them to check between narrow spaces, or find a keeper between trash with them, IF you are in the mood to do that. DO YOU NEED ONE ?? this is a question you have to answer yourself. Do you have a hard time locating objects in the hole ? do you dig off target alot ? do you have places you would like to search that you cant reach your coil in to get at ?? I hope this helps, Dennis . HH ; JEFF

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Thanks Jeff. I guess I was a little vage in asking my question. I have a couple of hand-held pinpointers, a Whites Bullseye and the Kellyco brand Automax V or something like that.. They work great for me and I use a Whites MXT . It pinpoints really well. So I guess I don't need to have one mounted on my detector. I didn't know that it was removable, or that it could discriminate. Thats what had me wondering how this thing works. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me. :) Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread