Has anyone ever wondered if the tarp program was a bad idea?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aug 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problems on your comments. I didn't realize and I don't think the other mods know that members can't read the reason we post on why a post is removed, evidently only mods and admins can see that.
Thanks. Yeah, I found it strange as well, as before I became a member and solely lurked these fine boards, I'd see posts edited with specific violations posted by mods all the time, which is why I was so curious as to what happened. Perhaps it has to do with my low post count or recent registration?

Anyways, let me try again to post my thoughts on TARP without being political. The bailout money Congress gave banks, in a sense, wasn't from some vast vault of taxpayer-collected money; it was loaned into existence by our Federal Reserve, the bank which controls the printing of our money through the Treasury. Most Americans believe this bank to be a public monolith, when in reality, the Fed is actually a private bank which has a monopoly on money printing. Due to their existence as a private bank, they accrue profits as any other bank does: By making loans and charging interest.

...the only problem is, since the bank making the loan has the power to issue money by fiat, the new currency they inject into the economy through stimulus or bailout makes the purchasing power of every dollar in your bank account and pocket plummet. Simple supply and demand. It's a controversial view in the face of a Keynesian-controlled market, but if you want to know more, here's a good place to start. I'm not saying the Mises Institution has all the answers by any means, but if you're concerned about the recent depletion of your 401k, (or any savings for that matter,) it's worth a quick read!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you understand. If we just edit a post there is an option (reason box) we can use that tells why the post was edited, but if we remove the post then evidently the option for why it was removed is only visible to the moderators if the reason box is filled out.........

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Another simple analogy from Moon Chan:

Banks = big hot air balloon
TARP money = hot air

Balloon falling. Hot air added. Balloon appears to rise. Hot air cools. Balloon starts fall again. No more hot air available. Balloon sinks to ground. Collapses.

Same result with or without addition of first hot air (TARP). Only difference slightly longer ride.

Methinks balloon ride about over.

Buy gold and silver. Not another balloon.

Moon Chan not run for political office. Moon Chan run for hills.

M

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread