has anyone seen or used these before "metal detecting sandals"

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metalsandals.jpg They won’t get you very far very fast as you walk, stop and dig for treasure, but at least you’ll keep busy. If you are already walking around with a metal detector and a large set of headphones, this should improve your look at least. These metal detecting sandals will help to keep others away from your treasure too, because they are much more subtle than the typical detector. The right sandal connects to a removable battery pack that’s strapped to your calf and a coil in the sandals does all the work.

Supposedly, These sandals can find metal objects as far down as 2 feet. A light will go off when it detects something, along with some vibrating and a buzz. A single 9V battery will give you about 6 hours of tresure hunting.

weird don't you think, found it on a web search

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just another BS 'sharper image' gimmick... they are true 'metal' detectors, and will pick up ANYTHING.. Like I said.... pure gimmick.

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd pass on those. They looks ridiculous and wouldn't seem to be very practical. People would give you some funny looks waving your foot around

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They seem a little better made the the original ones of a few years back, but honestly. I know there was a guy who claimed to be using them to great effect in areas where he wasn't supposed to be but he suffered from the usual forum problem of not being able to post pictures of his finds and not being able to explain why people didn't notice what he was digging with.
I doubt if there's any detector that won't signal a target at two feet if its the size of a battleship !

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted those a few weeks ago - I heard they are not available any longer
guy told me he checked into them and said they will pick a quarter up about 2 inches
years back a guy created a foot wear detector made for hunters to find their lost arrows

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They been posted here about every 2 months or so for the last seveal years......

When detecting you need to keep your coil level to the ground and as close to the ground as posible to get your best coverage, how you going to do that walking? ...............................metal objects as far down as 2 feet, maybe if the target is 5 gallon bucket of nails.

A fool and his money is easily parted.......

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, one of my daughters got me a pair for my birthday. No one in their right mind would ever seriously use them. I have them in my sentimental cabinet, right between my rock'em sock'em robots and stretch armstrong and that's where they will stay.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a horrible feeling that in the future when a museum of metal detecting is set up these will be wanted as a display item along with all the other "gadgets" that didn't quite work.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a horrible feeling that in the future when a museum of metal detecting is set up these will be wanted as a display item along with all the other "gadgets" that didn't quite work.

Maybe American Diggers can use these to find thousands of dollars of stuff a day . . . . . .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread