Has Anyone Used A Probe From Bully Tools?

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think 1/2" is too thick. plus you can make one for half the money. If you read the reviews on Amazon, it is used mainly just for ground probing. Go to your local welding shop and ask them to make you one. If you have a high school or welding tech school near by, its very inexpensive. Go to your local Lowe's/Home depot and buy you a 36" cold rolled round stock rod, In Plumbing, get you a 5 to 6 inch steel pipe, Threads on the ends actually work for grip. Drill a hole in one side of the pipe and insert the rod and have it welded. Semi sharpen the end(not to sharp or you will poke through the glass) It will "ping" when you tap glass (The hollow pipe acts as a amplifier). Plus it will also find ground that has once been disturbed (out houses)even after a hundred years.

OP
OP
metaldetecta

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it!

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is there much of a market for this stuff ? im very curios , after seeing this thread i looked around and seen the ads for spring steel probes . man the prices were crazy, having 30+ years of machining experience and now part time at home i might just have to start building customized ones lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread