Surfdigger said:
Silver Surfer said:
I dont think a seminar type event with a seeded hunt (and associated fee's) would hurt us at all... What we really need to do is petition Whites to stop showing those STUPID commercials.... They are the only detector company that has commercials... Do they really need them? No.. The hobby has done just fine without them (see- Minelab, Tesoro, etc.)....
They could at least show an HONEST commercial, one that shows the guy at least digging a couple of pull tabs before he scores on the honkin ring..
I know that many (especially the retired here in Florida) see that and the light comes on.. Even though I just started hunting again back in September after a 30 yr hiatus, I am outdoors a lot, and I really noticed the increase in detectors in the last couple years.. I'm sure the economy has caused a lot of that, but I have yet to see one new, older, detectorist that DIDNT have a whites.
Yeah....that's a good idea....ask Whites Electronics....A "For Profit" company by the way....to stop advertising....or to show a commercial saying something like.... "Buy our product....although we won't guarantee anything and success is strictly up to you.....you might just find something good sometime !!" I guess you have never sold a product or had your own company....Competition and how you compete against that competition, is everything in a free market.....and Whites has proven that they are extremely proficient at it! Oh and as far as alot of folks using detectors?...It's not the number of folks swingin...it's the proficiency of the hunters that find most of the good stuff....in other words....Quality over quantity definitely applies in this instance....JMHO....Surfdigger
Spoken like a true, todays, market capitalist... I guess you never heard the term "truth in advertising"?
They can advertise anything they want... I just wish they would be realistic about it.. The one they run is almost predatory.. People really think that it is as simple as that, dump a big load of often hard-earned or saved money, and then find out it is a LOT of work.. You think that is fair?
What if I were to sell you a coin on ebay, and in it I stated "you can buy a coin that was spent by George Washington", and I really knew it wasnt, but you could not prove it wasnt. I guess I could be defended as "someone trying to sell a coin for a profit, imagine that"?
I highly doubt it.. I could come up with many more, and probably much better examples, but it's late and I am tired...
Carry on...