What's new

Has this been done B4?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Beach/Shallow water convention?

I'm talking large scale with vendors, demonstrations, break-out classes, q&a with manufacturers etc.

Any interest in doing one next spring?
 
Upvote 0
Point well taken, and quite right as a matter of fact... Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in these boards a little too much...
Happy Hunting..
 
Guys,
The beach here where I hunt has alot of traffic during the weekday, on weekends you can't even find a parking spot. Having said that, I have only seen one other hunter out there and that is a lady I have known for years. 99.999% of the time, I have the beach to myself when I go hunt, I must admit, it sure would be nice to have other hunters out there to keep me company, there is so much area to hunt. Competition, none here to speak off...Good hunting guys. Don't worry about others invading your territory, not too many will stick with this hobby. After all, it does involve some work swinging the Excal or whatever machine you use not to mention lugging that stainless steel scoop around for hours at a time.......Think I'll go hunting in a couple of hours, our low low tide will be at 6pm.....HH
 
excal/pirate said:
finally some of you are getting this it seems that by showing what we find has added to this problem i quit showing or even telling because their used to be only a few that hunted the water now theres alot so quit showing the good stuff its in our best interest
Ya what he said! I have been hunting the water since 1974 with a BFO straped to my head. Now everybody does this with underwater machines. I am sure sorry I showed my stuff way back than then, cause no one would have ever thought of going in the water?It was my fault. If I didn't sell the hundreds of class rings for gas money when gold was 40 dollars an oz, I would throw them all back so you can have a better chance to find one!
 
Buried Crap NJ said:
excal/pirate said:
finally some of you are getting this it seems that by showing what we find has added to this problem i quit showing or even telling because their used to be only a few that hunted the water now theres alot so quit showing the good stuff its in our best interest
Ya what he said! I have been hunting the water since 1974 with a BFO straped to my head. Now everybody does this with underwater machines. I am sure sorry I showed my stuff way back than then, cause no one would have ever thought of going in the water?It was my fault. If I didn't sell the hundreds of class rings for gas money when gold was 40 dollars an oz, I would throw them all back so you can have a better chance to find one!

Neither seeing things posted on treasure websites or seeing people hunting at the beach got me into this hobby, I got into it because I missed the thrill of the hunt from when I used to hunt indian artifacts, and in Florida it is against the law to hunt on government land here now. I bet if you check you will find most people who get into this hobby had the interest for a long time. Those that stumble onto detecting websites and buy a detector because they see what has been posted will not stick with it long because they quickly find it isn't easy.....You see them posting their detectors for sale all the time......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom