What's new

Has Treasurenet really been around since the 80s?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has Treasurenet really been around since the 80's?

I might be mistaken but I thought I saw in a post somewhere that this site has been up and running since the 80's,if that is true that is kind of amazing to me!I am just curious?
 
of course it has, the inter net was formed for and by T net so when we got this old we would have something to do in the winter.
 
And despite all the finds here, there is still treasure to be found...
 
I don't know when it was started, but I don't know if it's THAT old. In the 1980s the internet barely existed, most of us were still using local bulletin boards systems. I know it was around in the late 90's, that was when I was first on it.
 
TreasureNet was 20 years old last year, founded in 1995....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom