What's new

Hat pin help?

Wheelerman

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hunted an old home site with a couple of buddies over the weekend..found a lot of old stuff.8flat buttons with some backmarks that date from the late 1700s to the mid 1800s.I also found this eagle (hat pin?)..its made of brass,is about an inch &a half tall & has two shank type hooks on the back..any 1 ever seen 1 like it? Haven't been able to find any info..not sure if it's CW,a previous war, or not military at all..any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks for any help & thanks for looking...Chris.
 

Attachments

  • 1301806498658.webp
    1301806498658.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 173
I certainly don't have the background to answer your question. But a question I do have is...you sure that's an eagle. Looking at the long neck, the monstorous look to the face, and what looks like a 3 clawed talon at the corner of the right wing, it almost looks bat like, which makes me think that the creature may very well be a dragon. Just a guess.
 
Upvote 0
It is strange looking, but it is holding an olive branch in one claw & arrows in the other which is typical of other eagle pins that I have looked up.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom