Haunted Cemetery

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DSCN1156.JPG IMGP1006.JPG IMGP1009.JPG In the town of Norwich, Conn. which is where I was born and raised is an old cemetery that is supposedly haunted. Every Halloween night the ghost of Benedict Arnold supposedly haunts the cemetery looking for the grave of his mother. The house in the pic is where Arnold lived for awhile and today is a bed and breakfast. I don't believe in ghosts but these things are local legends and make a nice story. Happy Halloween everyone...…...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the old saltbox homes. Indeed ghost stories are fun.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the old saltbox homes. Indeed ghost stories are fun.
Thanks for the reply......there's a lot of those old saltboxes in these parts.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Yes, I can see the old traitor hiding behind that big gravestone :laughing7:

Speaking of ghosts, that reminds me there was a thread here some years back where somebody posted a pic and claimed to see the ghost of a Confederate soldier up in a tree. Dozens chimed in agreeing that there was indeed a tiny ghost of a Confederate soldier perched on a branch. It was pretty funny to follow. I guess you see what you want to believe.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply......there's a lot of those old saltboxes in these parts.
I know. A real testament of the master carpenters of the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I can see the old traitor hiding behind that big gravestone :laughing7:

Speaking of ghosts, that reminds me there was a thread here some years back where somebody posted a pic and claimed to see the ghost of a Confederate soldier up in a tree. Dozens chimed in agreeing that there was indeed a tiny ghost of a Confederate soldier perched on a branch. It was pretty funny to follow. I guess you see what you want to believe.
I agree...…..most people believe what they see, while others see what they believe.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful old home! :occasion14:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Benedict Arnold must have frequent flier ghostie miles! He's buried in England.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a funny story and really cool old house. My family is originally from that area of Connecticut, I have been to Norwich many times while visiting them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread