Haunted room in my Grandmas house

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
Haunted room in my Grandma's house

It was 1990 and i was in a small town in the mountains of Durango Mexico visiting my Grandparents for the Nov. 20 fiesta , my grandma kept reminding me that the "guest" room is haunted by what seems to be an Indian and his horse, well i dint believe her and went to sleep after a few "drinks" . Anyhow, as i recall just after 2am. i woke up to use the outhouse and when i was walking back to my room i saw that the lights were on in the room when i had just walked out without turning them on at all, wondering if it was a prank or if someone was in the room i went back in but the door was closed just like i left it so i went in the room and as i did the lights went off , i was starting to freak out and i grabbed my flashlight but there was nothing in the room . I went back to sleep again, i could hear a storm approaching and as it got closer i could clearly hear the room making this horrible noise like it was about to fall on me, now i was really freaking out but i still wanted to find out what the heck was going on so i went back in the room. About 25 minutes later the storm was passing right above town , as it went passed i went back outside and hear what seemed to be an Indian screaming and i could also hear a horse galloping . I went into my truck with gun in one hand and my AK in the other , i could not sleep so i stayed awake for the rest of the night , in the morning my grandma said "i told you" ! , by this time i had rounded up some cousins and uncles , apparently they have at some point spent the night in that room :laughing9: . We decided to dig a hole in the middle of the room ( the idea came from my granny) after about 6 feet we hit a 6'x6' ( 2mx2m) stone slab , it was obviously put there by someone a long time ago and somehow the room was built on it . We took out the slab and under it was some human remains of an Indian and also the remains of his horse, by this time the whole town had heard of what we found and flocked my grandma's place .. The old timers kept talking about a "treasure" , apparently the stone slab was a sign that someone had buried valuables there but as we got to the 12 foot mark we decided that there was nothing there . we never heard any noises in the room again , i dint believe in haunted houses before then but i am a believer now . ;D

Re: Haunted room in my Grandma's house

I would have stayed there if someone else was with me, but never alone. ;D

Thank you for the story.

That's incredible. Have you ever gone back? Might be interesting to run a metal detector in there. Even more amazing is the burial; inside a room, an Indian with a horse six foot down. Where were the remains reburied? Got to be a story there.

Hopefully those remains were reburied with the help of an Indian Holyman (or Shaman) to bless the move and release the soul of the dead. :thumbsup:

My grandma used to own a house in southern MN. that was haunted. I remember this lady stayed with my grandma for about a week while she wrote that chapter of a book she wrote and printed.
most of the family thought she was nuts because of it, but, when it came to anything else she was smart as a whip.
she reminds me of that grandma from the movie "pure country" follow the roots, there are no answers just the search for the truth

Man that is a pretty awesome story. I grew up in a house that the front piano room was weird all the time for some reason we could not explain. What else was strange was my father had the house built in 1962 and we were the only ones who ever lived in it. I know my brothers and I have heard footsteps outside at night, a woman screaming out in a corn field next to us(man that was a bad one!!) and very hard banging on the bedroom window at night from the outside(I did not like that one either!!) and the bad thing was it all happened to us at different times because we are so far apart in age. Also we lived out in the country on a 25 acre piece of land and corn fields and cow pastures were the only thing around the houe. We had no neighbors that close to where the sounds and stuff would be comming from them. We also felt as though someone was standing behind us while we were watching television in the living room. The bad part about that was that there was a wall right behind us and the large chairs back we were in back was up against the wall!!! What the heck is up with that? Oh well I like this kind of stuff and did not know there was a topic on this forum about this.....I will be posting some experiences of mine on here soon, Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back