Have Any of You Had Bad Experiences With People that See You Metal Detecting?

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these are the precise reasons why I don't like to be seen while detecting, and will detect in areas that do not put me out in the open at all costs. The exceptions are cornfields but even at that I'll try and stay out of sight.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had a bum tell me "go check over there " and to give him all my finds because he told me to check over there LOL yea buddy. whatever.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
99.9% no problems. 1 snooty lady exclaiming that the garbage I had removed from a sidewalk curb strip had to be worth big bucks. I felt like dumping it and saying "Lady, it's all yours!"

I moved on.

Back in the seventies I used to do the strips between the sidewalk and the street, some folks would be screaming that I was digging on their property, and I'd just say I "Do you really own it-or do you think that you do?" I even went so far to give them the phone number of the titles office, but mostly I'd point at the headphones and jester that I couldn't hear them and just move on down the block.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my hunting buddy and I left our mountain early this winter to hunt some parks,"down the hill".We dont really have a clue which are cool and which are sketchy,only a list made from google earth.We were killing it at a small neighborhood park when I see a couple iffy lookin guys walking straight toward me.They started demanding anything I found as this was their park.Like a fool I was trying to debate idiots.
From behind them my buddy is coming up fast.He had his lesche in hand and went off on them.caleed those guys every name in the book.I'm the big guy and he is the pitbull.I was actually laughing at those creeps,they changed their mind and we split.
we look into a new area alot closer now.I'm really skilled at messing with the normal buisy body types and dont really mind,they are a kind of sport to me.If you could hear the fake language I have you would bust a nut.Then there is my happy face when some fool wants to bring me down.Huge smile,giggling and speed talking thank you thank you.Even my buddy has lost it hearing that one.
Mostly we hunt in our forest and never see anyone,but I miss playing with the wierdos

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread