Have any of you had this problem with your equinox?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope, That has never happened to me. I have been using it since late January. I would call them or the dealer you bought it from, sorry to hear its not working right.

Ive never heard of that happening. If its still functional and you have some warranty left, you may wanna hold onto it for awhile. I sent mine in for a warranty repair awhile ago....tomorrow will be a month! They diagnosed the problem relatively quick, ground balance issue & need to replace the entire control pod. Ive inquired a few times....being polite & trying to be patient....but over a month is a bit ridiculous & my frustration is growing! Its understandable that services may take a bit longer with everything thats going on in the world right now, but i find it hard to believe that there isnt a new control pod somewhere in the USA! Sorry to invade your post....just had to vent! Back to your issue....you may wanna try a Factory Reset and see if that resolves the issue. Good luck

Is the battery charged.
i have had many things over my life that the battery was low and turn on then just quit.
have you cleaned the contacts.
Also if the coil connector being loose can also do that.

Last edited:
Is the battery charged.
i have had many things over my life that the battery was low and turn on then just quit.
have you cleaned the contacts.
Also if the coil connector being loose can also do that.

It was fully charged

Ive never heard of that happening. If its still functional and you have some warranty left, you may wanna hold onto it for awhile. I sent mine in for a warranty repair awhile ago....tomorrow will be a month! They diagnosed the problem relatively quick, ground balance issue & need to replace the entire control pod. Ive inquired a few times....being polite & trying to be patient....but over a month is a bit ridiculous & my frustration is growing! Its understandable that services may take a bit longer with everything thats going on in the world right now, but i find it hard to believe that there isnt a new control pod somewhere in the USA! Sorry to invade your post....just had to vent! Back to your issue....you may wanna try a Factory Reset and see if that resolves the issue. Good luck

I was Doing the factory reset when all this was happening

When did it start doing this and what was you doing at that moment?

That’s good to hear.
if the cable for the coil is disconnected it will shout off. So it’s possible that if it was loose it could shut down.
The updates will have nothing to do with it. It is just an added control option.

I had the same exact problem with my nox 800 awhile back. My 800 would start showing the rotating bars & then shut off. I would turn it back on & it would just keep repeating showing rotating bars. I tried changing coils and the issue was still there. I contacted Minelab & they told me to just send the control pod back . Minelab called me back & told me that after sometime testing that they found the control pod to be bad. They sent me a new control pod & I've haven't had any more problems after that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back