What's new

Have you been to Quartzville?

oregongold.net

Greenie
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Marcola, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I spent a week camping and dredging up at Quartzville recently. All I found was flour gold.

I was just wondering if anybody has ever found anything worth while in that area.
 
Yep. I have found nuggets from rice size to corn kernel size. Nothing real big tho- most times it's just what you found- flour and small flakes.

What got our family into mining in the first place was a class Mom and Dad took. Over several weeks, they learned all about different prospecting methods and it ended with a "field trip" to Quartzville. In one day, the 20 or so people took home close to 1/2 ounce from a crack they found up above Yellowbottom.

It's there, but you just have to find the right crack that no one else has. :) Patience and persistance can sometimes pay off!
 
I have only found 1 pea sized nugget at Quartzville and a lot of flour/flakes. Find the cracks and work them hard, the gold is there. I busted it over a 3 day weekend to find that little nugget.
Todd
 
Forgot to mention- I have seen a three pennyweight nugget that came from somewhere near Yellowbottom. Wish I had a pic to post, it's got nice character. It's all about moving lots and lots of material up there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom