What's new

Have You Ever Had A Bad Day?

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELL NO!!!:laughing7:
(maybe a white lie, I have lots of bad days not detecting)

Cru'Dad & I were storming it these last 2 days gridding the Site- 9.5 hours for me, 7 hours for Dad.
We were very busy digging lots of junk, but this site is now finished until a deep plough in years to come.
Results:

Victorian Royal Navy Button
Livery Button
27 Roman Bronze Coins
Geo I Irish Farthing
Broken Roman Fibula (Catchplate)
1939 Shilling
Broken Silver Denarius
Lizzy I Hammered Penny (Only 2nd hammered off this field ever!)
Copper Core & Silver Plated Denarius of Julia Domna (Contemporary forgery)
Star Find Julian II Silqua - Well done Cru'dad!
 

Attachments

  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    164.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    157.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    129.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 9.webp
    9.webp
    164.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 10.webp
    10.webp
    165.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 11.webp
    11.webp
    181.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    120.9 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 34
WOW-You guys are killin' it!! Keep 'em coming-we love to see the ancient finds from the UK.
 
wow, sweet finds! That fibula would have been a looker, most don't have fancy cast decorative cutouts (not sure what to call the feature).

Nice siliqua, looks rather round, maybe filed and used through Saxon times? Got a weight on it?

Also, got an ID on that holed circular piece with 4 loops? It looks like it might be special.

Looking forward to more goodies from the spot, congrats!
 
wow, sweet finds! That fibula would have been a looker, most don't have fancy cast decorative cutouts (not sure what to call the feature). It would have been a very large example, I've seen a few cut outs but its not that common.

Nice siliqua, looks rather round, maybe filed and used through Saxon times? Got a weight on it? 1.44g & that well known idea is a Myth. The Saxon's never cut them down & used them in that way, mostly they made jewelry out of it.

Also, got an ID on that holed circular piece with 4 loops? It looks like it might be special. I thought it looked good when I pulled it but its a bit of Victorian bracelet or waist band.

Looking forward to more goodies from the spot, congrats!

See above comments.
 
If i ever get over there...you have to promise to show me your collection...again outstanding..yup you're so right, no bad day detecting!
 
Beautiful treasure! Only bad days I have are with the hair not setting right....lol Congrats!
 
Just Wow. Your always have incredible finds. Thanks for letting us be a part of your hunts.
 
Fantastic relic and coin recoveries!
 
UNBELEIVEABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Unreal, that's some awesome hunting saves
 
Wow! Some really nice finds. Congrats.
 
Have you ever had a job? :laughing7:
 
That's one heck of a lot of digging for you guys Cru! :notworthy:

If I was out detecting for that amount of time over two days, my wife would have a fit! :laughing7:

Dave
 
Very nice Cru, I agree the prize goes to your Dad for the awesome Silqua congrats on the keeper. Now that your finished it's best of luck for the next field on the list.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom