ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELL NO!!!:laughing7:
(maybe a white lie, I have lots of bad days not detecting)

Cru'Dad & I were storming it these last 2 days gridding the Site- 9.5 hours for me, 7 hours for Dad.
We were very busy digging lots of junk, but this site is now finished until a deep plough in years to come.
Results:

Victorian Royal Navy Button
Livery Button
27 Roman Bronze Coins
Geo I Irish Farthing
Broken Roman Fibula (Catchplate)
1939 Shilling
Broken Silver Denarius
Lizzy I Hammered Penny (Only 2nd hammered off this field ever!)
Copper Core & Silver Plated Denarius of Julia Domna (Contemporary forgery)
Star Find Julian II Silqua - Well done Cru'dad!

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 17
WOW-You guys are killin' it!! Keep 'em coming-we love to see the ancient finds from the UK.

wow, sweet finds! That fibula would have been a looker, most don't have fancy cast decorative cutouts (not sure what to call the feature).

Nice siliqua, looks rather round, maybe filed and used through Saxon times? Got a weight on it?

Also, got an ID on that holed circular piece with 4 loops? It looks like it might be special.

Looking forward to more goodies from the spot, congrats!

wow, sweet finds! That fibula would have been a looker, most don't have fancy cast decorative cutouts (not sure what to call the feature). It would have been a very large example, I've seen a few cut outs but its not that common.

Nice siliqua, looks rather round, maybe filed and used through Saxon times? Got a weight on it? 1.44g & that well known idea is a Myth. The Saxon's never cut them down & used them in that way, mostly they made jewelry out of it.

Also, got an ID on that holed circular piece with 4 loops? It looks like it might be special. I thought it looked good when I pulled it but its a bit of Victorian bracelet or waist band.

Looking forward to more goodies from the spot, congrats!

See above comments.

If i ever get over there...you have to promise to show me your collection...again outstanding..yup you're so right, no bad day detecting!

Beautiful treasure! Only bad days I have are with the hair not setting right....lol Congrats!

Just Wow. Your always have incredible finds. Thanks for letting us be a part of your hunts.

Fantastic relic and coin recoveries!

UNBELEIVEABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one heck of a lot of digging for you guys Cru! :notworthy:

If I was out detecting for that amount of time over two days, my wife would have a fit! :laughing7:

Dave

Very nice Cru, I agree the prize goes to your Dad for the awesome Silqua congrats on the keeper. Now that your finished it's best of luck for the next field on the list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back