have you guys seen the new gold hog HOG PAN?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a terrible idea to me lol. I think I'll stick with the classic pan. Could do the same thing with a $8 classifier and normal pan.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it.
My back....might not!:laughing7:
Great idea though. That gold hog guy, is pretty cool....and on top of things!:thumbsup:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it would save time! I think it's a cool Idea. $279 sounds high, but I've ended up spending more than that in junk trying to build things to save a buck. lol If it cuts time down, then I would think it would be worth it. I priced out stuff to build a small sluice for a friend. If I can't find the materials laying around it would be more in the long run, than if I would just buy one! lol If you look at what some of us waste on gas in a month or two, the price doesn't sound bad!
I too, like it.
my Chiropractor might like it too!!:laughing7:
Young peeps would prevail...

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm with NuggetN8 on this one. Lots of shaking involved and it looks like a case of painful hands ( I mean more than usual) after prospecting all day. It appears that it would a good solid weapon against vamints and tweakers though. I am sure Goldhog will sell a lot of them as they will fit into someone's style of mining. The man is always thinking.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if your sampling espeacially and want to go place to place in a hurry this would be ideal I had thought of possibly trying a 5 gallon bucket with a classifier cutting some slits towards the bottom with some handles to see if the same effect would happen?

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You guys might be right! I'm still very new, and like anything related right now! I haven't found enough to pay for the $8 gold pan yet! lol I'm still like that excited dog that was just let out of the house after being locked up all day! Running around sniffing and peeing on everything! That's how I relate me to gold and supplies right now! It's all new and exciting! lol

I hope your cleaning up after yourself! Of you in the water, pee all you want. If your in the house or truck, have some self control man!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe its on the same idea. As a boozka gold trap. The bottom is a trap. Don"t need to classify. And can be used anywhere. Even if only gold panning is legal. You do need to pan the cons. Or bring them home. Can move a lot more dirt then just panning. If your back can take it.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the beauty of this though vs the stream sluice you only need a puddle vs fast moving water I'm really pondering the thought of pulling the trigger and grabbing one of these?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well if your sampling espeacially and want to go place to place in a hurry this would be ideal I had thought of possibly trying a 5 gallon bucket with a classifier cutting some slits towards the bottom with some handles to see if the same effect would happen?

Take a #12 classifier, plop it on top of your pan, fill it with material then squeeze both together and dunk underwater. Shake a few times and then pan it out. If you can clear a pan in two-three minutes your good to go. If you can't clear a pan that quick you need to learn how to pan. Classifier and pan total is less than $30. You can buy a lot of gas to go prospecting with the rest of the cash. Don't get me wrong the gold hog looks like a fine and durable machine. It won't however make gold appear that isn't there and it won't replace the skill of panning if you are new to it. Good luck in your prospecting.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what size is considered a #12 screen? well the thing is if your just shoveling and into big rocks and everything this is where I think it excel believe me I would like to find something simeler without the cost but I'm have a bucket trammel being built so before I get to carried away we'll see how that's going to work

Robo57

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you watch Docs video he shows how to handle the Hog Pan to save strain on the back. I can also envision sitting on a bucket, or a rock and working it. To me personally to take a pile of unclassified material and dump it into a screen mesh over a pan is going to be pretty heavy, difficult to handle, and and a lot of bending down to pan it, and move far less material than the HP will handle.

The other thing i observe here is that the HP is not designed to replace the pan, but the sluice. As mentioned before, it can be used in the desert with a small amount of water, it can be used in a backpack, it can be used up and down a stream bed, without having to set up and re setup a sluice. Seems to be a very useful piece of equipment.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what size is considered a #12 screen? well the thing is if your just shoveling and into big rocks and everything this is where I think it excel believe me I would like to find something simeler without the cost but I'm have a bucket trammel being built so before I get to carried away we'll see how that's going to work

1/12th of an inch. If you are in an area where you will have a good chance of a picker or large flakes you have to pan out the screen carefully. Otherwise it is a good intermediate size.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok sounds good!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always pan out your screen or check it in your pan, You might find something. If you have a trommel in the works you should do well.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a day or so I will have one (did not buy it) to test.....I will post testing and back pain experience on a new thread. I will give the most honest review I can. I would not buy one for production. The river has enough flow for the bazooka. If I lived in an area with gold and small slow creeks I could see it being useful. I will try to do a time comparison between traditional bucket classification (hate it) and the Hogpan. Doc has zero to do with this I will be honest with my experience.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking forward to hearing your review GW! The creek I'm pulling all of this flour gold out of is shallow and slow :(

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that will be awesome to hear results keep us posted

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had thought of possibly trying a 5 gallon bucket with a classifier cutting some slits towards the bottom with some handles to see if the same effect would happen?

Pretty much the same end result without the expense.

GG~

Last edited:

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
No offence to doc but he is a bussiness man first and a prospector second. His equip is not magic. Hes smart and mining the miners making much more that the prospectors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions