havent detected in a year, quick 1 hr beach run with the 250

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
well since i had to sell my excal. i really havent been out, because i miss it...
now that I'm laid off (used to work for circuit city), I cant afford to replace my missing excal, so I am going to try to sell my air compressor and welder to try to pay for it... but I still have the old ace250, so I decided to make a new sand scoop (again money issues) and went for a quick hunt
was planning on making a long night of hunting but my friend I brought along got hungry.
hit the beach about 6:30 just as the sun went down and the full moon was rising (huge moon wish I had my camera!)
started at the kiddie pool area, I supposed I was doing the beach a favor as I only found a couple nails, and a thumbtack... yes in a kids area in the sand!
Only reward from that area was a new quarter, so I decided to hit the gulf side of the pass... couple bits of trash, and an penny here and there..
after about 45 min I hit a spot with signals all over, so got to digging... was a pocket spill of pennies... about 7 of em in total..
found that just on the top of the sand ridge before the wet sand and just finished telling my friend that its a good place to look because people sit on that ledge and things fall out of pockets, and people can put rings in their pocket for safe keeping only to sit in the sand and have em fall out..
Just after saying that I got another good signal and dug it up.. and what do you know, out comes a nice silver ring! CZ's go all around the end (being a silver ring I assume they are fake... also assuming its silver, mark is hard to read but looks like 925)
right after a morale boost find like that ring, she says she's hungry and wants to go... BAH! guess I'll have to hunt one night solo and hit the beach hard soon... well here's the pic of the ring..
if you can help make out the stamp, you can view the full size pic of the ring at http://www.guanu.net/ring/silverfull.jpg

so after 1 year of no detecting, the bug bit me again, so I'm back at it... thanks for viewing!
G

silver.jpg

*edit* forgot to upload pics of my homemade scoop... aluminum handle (gotta add a grip) and thick 4" pvc and 146 holes on the barrel and a drain piece as the back.

scoop1.jpg

scoop2.jpg

scoop3.jpg

Upvote 0

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
Good hunt with the Ace! If those are real diamonds, I think you can safely buy a new detector huh? ;D

OP
OP
G

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
well the ring is small.. (about a size 5 according to my friend who wants it because it fits her small hands lol)

so the pic does not give a size comparison but still, yea if it was real.. maybe one day...

G

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is definitely a cool looking ring :icon_pirat:
and , Well Done on the scoop. It looks well engineered. :thumbsup:

Mike

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Nice ring.. Congrats
Glad the Ace is working for you on the beach ;D

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the great find of the "ring".......your homemade scoop looks excellent....you saved about a $100 bucks

Is it durable...??....You mind if I copy your idea..... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
G

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
the scoop is extremely sturdy.. I can jump on the back to dig, only problem i have right now is it needs a soft grip... that tubing is rough on the hands, thinking about getting a wrap it yourself steering wheel wrap kit.. or some kind of foam.... other than that its great.. just dont do like i started and use a 1/2" drill bit.... holes come out like garbage, get a 1/2" unibit (also called a step bit) it makes perfect and clean holes with little to no effort...

the pvc I bought was only available in a 2' section, so I have enough left over to make another, all I would need is the tubing.. total cost in materials was 30 bux, but with the leftovers, a second would cost 8 bux...

if people want to copy it go for it, all I did was think of how to copy a scoop that would cost me 150-200 for cheap, if the pictures dont show, the larger tube that I used to brace it, the front piece actually wraps around the top lip of the scoop and is bolted up into the end of the small tube from the inside.... digging, lifting, shaking, and kicking it nothing flexes or moves... its very solid..

thanks for the comments, its good to be back..

G

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that looks like a 14K mark to me! It could be white gold.......AND they could be real diamonds!

Sir Digs-A-Lot

Sep 14, 2008
Orlando Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II and ACE 250
Yeah, I wouldn't assume that is silver. The "K" looks pretty obvious on the large photo. Could be some nice ice ya got there.
Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread