Having No Luck

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
You used the words "I HAVE FOUND" and then listed your finds. The purpose of this hobby and mostly this forum is just that finds.

I am not going to lie I get frustrated thinking that I haven't found any good coins or jewelry but I am still finding things. Take it easy, enjoy the hobby and the things you are finding and once you get your ACE and learn it your finds should improve.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
cosmic said:
O.K. Daryl now show her what you find if you persistent!!
Ray

I guess since you asked. I have to show her what patience and persistence may result in.

Enjoy. ;D

Daryl

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 137
  • finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 143

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Hey Annie, remember me the other newbie using a bounty hunter model as a loaner ;D I could say they suck but i haven't used another model detector i can compare it with.I can tell you a few things that may help you a bit I hope it will help you produce a little better.

first thing is that the sensitivity knob i played with alot,I was turning it way down and then in the middle and then to the extreme i mostly played around with it when I got a hit,on the display I was looking at had a range from 0-10 inches most hits were in the 0-6 inch range,everytime i dug most things i found were only under the surface maybe 2-3 inches.

secondly when I would get a hit I kept swinging the coil over the target to kind of find the strongest/loudest beep(I never payed much attention to what it was telling me it was)after finding the strongest signal I then would detect around it in every direction to make sure I was narrowing down the target getting a mental picture of how large the target was so i wasn't digging unnecessary earth away.

Lastly I carried a plastic bag with me and i used it like this: I got a target narrowed down i know where I'm going to dig right! I then would sweep and area close to make sure i was not getting a signal there and laid down the bag flat on the ground(to place dirt on as i pulled it out of the hole) next I cut my plug out(about 2 inches of soil and the top of grass) with my detector laid aside me coil up I took the plug in hand and sweep it across the coil(no signal OK)so lay that aside now i carefully loosen the soil in the hole,take one handfull at a time and repeat the process of swiping it across your coil,until it beeps if i get no signal I put the soil on the bag so i could easily put it back in the hole.When I hear a beep with a handfull of soil I then separated it in half with my other hand(one of them has the find in it) now that i know what hand it's in I sifted it through my fingers over the bag(THERE IT IS A PENNY)what a rush.

DO NOT forget to swipe your detector over the hole one last time to make sure you got it all,put the find in pocket grab the bag of soil pack it back in the hole put the top grassy plug on top of that firmly step on the top to make it look like it was before and move on.I hope all this is easily understood if you have any questions on this feel free to message me i may be able to help,Good Luck HH

I will be getting a pin pointer with my new detector,I've realized what an asset it would of been having one at the time(this could of cut down alot of work while searching the hole.I did dig so much junk but i saved everyone that ghastly site(I also desposed of it properly)

Shawn aka. UnEarthed72

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I do but only when nobody is looking. I can't dance and it looks kind of sad really.

Daryl

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me also!! Last time they called 911 because they thought I was having a seizure!!! ;D

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have to wait so I can grab my batteries out of my detector so they get charged up also!! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread