🏆 HONORABLE MENTION He rolled up on me and said how good are you with that thing?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
<<<<<<<<<GOLD RING RETURN>>>>>>>>>>>

I said “I’m the best why do you ask?” He said “ I lost my wedding ring 16 years ago and I have an idea about where it is”. I said, ”If you know about where it is I’ll find. So I go over to his house and unbeknownst to me he was having a crawfish boil and he’s telling everybody I got the best metal detector guy here he’s gonna find my ring. It was to say the pressure was on. He knew about 12 x 12 where the ring should be. Mr Clyde was talking the whole time about his cancer and I think the whole time PLEASE GOD let me find this one and boy he can he talk being a coonass myself I’m use to hearing long drawn out stories from my elders. Lol All of a sudden I get a clear signal about half and hour in I dig down and I said “Is this it?” and his face was priceless he started crying. Made me feel good and the whole family was cheering. He offered me $100 and I told him there’s no way I could except that but I would love to take a picture with him. But he wouldn’t let they leave empty-handed he asked me,” Do you like old bottles?” I said “sure” and he gave me a suitcase filled with old bottles from the late 1800s to the early 1900s nothing to write home about but so special to me because they were obviously special to him he hand wrap everyone of them in bubble wrap and then doing like we do he gave me 10lbs of crawfish [emoji3081]
He also knows of a lot of old ground and stories about them all he he said it would be his pleasure of showing me where these are and getting me some permissions needless to say it was a beautiful day. IMG_1791.jpg
IMG_2875.JPG
IMG_3153.jpg

Last edited:

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deeds deserve an honorable mention :hello2:

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. My honorable mention vote is in.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is one fine story and both of you definitely fine fellows plus you got ten lbs. Of crawdads!Can,t beat that.Was in the Marines with a coonass named Ira Brown,best friend I ever had.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How right you are,Ira and I went through boot together and all the other training prior to our first posting to a duty station and became fast friends.We were assigned to different parts of the Corps but managed to bump into each other now and then.We lost touch later much to my dismay.I don,t remember where he was from except he always referred to the bayou country.he knew about fishing and hunting,we had many good talks about that.

Hogtown Hunter

Jan 30, 2020
Florida
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn. That's awesome Truth.
That's worth 10lbs of crawfish.
You're making me hungry.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth. Congratulations and very well said..voting HM.
stay safe out there

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job, and a real nice story! Honorable mention worthy for sure. Where is the button for that?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people are just plain good. Nice recovery Truth. I agree an H.M is in order. Will submit it.

grag8r

Nov 17, 2020
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Tek Gamma 6K
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great story TRUTH ! Congrats on making an ol' man's dream come true. As for Coonasses. I'm from Fla but My Father-in-Law gave me a certificate making me an "Honorary Coonass" 20 years ago after staying married to his daughter for 20 years ! She was raised north of Houma near Bayou Blue. :notworthy:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! What an awesome post! I would imagine the feeling you got when you handed him the ring was the best reward you could get for your efforts. Every thing else was bonus. You deserve an Honorable Mention, also.
Congratulations, Truth.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great story TRUTH ! Congrats on making an ol' man's dream come true. As for Coonasses. I'm from Fla but My Father-in-Law gave me a certificate making me an "Honorary Coonass" 20 years ago after staying married to his daughter for 20 years ! She was raised north of Houma near Bayou Blue. :notworthy:

Yeah my wife is from the outskirts of the Houma bayous. And congratulations on the “Honorary Coonass” certificate. As you already know it’s a special club welcome [emoji631]

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! What an awesome post! I would imagine the feeling you got when you handed him the ring was the best reward you could get for your efforts. Every thing else was bonus. You deserve an Honorable Mention, also.
Congratulations, Truth.

I truly appreciate that WannaDig3637. As soon as he saw it I was watching his emotions overcome himself and he said it looks just like it did all those years back I told them that’s because it was that Love Gold[emoji631]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread