Head Phone Connection Question - Not Pairing

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a pairing question as the wireless headphones that came with 800 pair fine.

The question I have is reconnecting the headphones.

If i turn just the headphones off and then back on, should they connect up automatically, as long as the wireless button on the detector is still turned on?

If I turn both the detector and the headphones off, the next time I turn them back on should they pair up automatically?

While using the detector and the headphones, if I use the Wireless headset button on the detector and disconnect the headset, when I press the button and turn it back on, should they pair back up automatically (leaving the headset turned on the whole time)?

As many of you know I have been having problems with my detector and when it acts up I have been taking a video of it. I want to be sure the video has the high pitch tone I keep getting, so I have been turning off the headset with the Wireless button on the detector so the sound will come out of the head pod. However, when I turn it back on, it will not pair back up unless I turn the headset off and then hold the button down until I get the three tone signal in the headset and then it pairs.

I keep having to pair them back up every time I turn one of them off or on.

Is there a secret I am missing? Is this the way it is suppose work?

Granted, there are problems with my pod head, so this may be messing up as well.

Thank you.

After the initial pairing, I like to turn the detector on first, then press the center headphone button until the blue light comes on. They pair right up for me. When I power down, I turn off the detector first, then the headphones. I haven't had any luck getting them to pair any other way. If one or the other is turned off, I need to turn them both off and then restart everything like I mentioned above.

I also do what cudamark does, and it works for me too. I listen for the "up tone scaling notes". If for some reason the headphones becomes unpaired, then you will need to hold the center button until it flashes red/blue, and then pair normally. The only time I have had to do this was when the detector got paired with the WM-08, and then also when it got paired to my phone by mistake.

Yup, if you pair the detector with anything else (WM-80, phone, etc.) or, like what when had my headphones replaced under warranty, you need to start the basic pairing up sequence, just like it was the first time.

I turn my head phones on then the detector connects right away, seems if I turn the detector on first sometimes I have to turn the head phones off and back on then it connects after a few seconds..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back