headed to the beach --amelia island-helping a person learn about their "machine"

Re: headed to the beach --amelia island-helping a person learn about their "mach

hey ivan i used to go on vaction there years ago ,alot of wealthy people vaction there should
be some nice jewerly to be had goodluck.

Re: headed to the beach --amelia island-helping a person learn about their "machine"

headed to two wreck site / beach areas ---main beach and 9th st--never know what you might find ---from old to new---Ivan

Re: headed to the beach --amelia island-helping a person learn about their "machine"

only hit the main beach site ---she did learn the sweet setting for her cz 20 was 3 lets her pick up gold but not can tabs---cuts way down on junk digging---breifed her on how to find good beach spots (look for either shipwrecks on sea charts or high use modern beaches on land maps---or better yet if there both together) alsp chatted about --- the benifts of hunting high wear beach zones in areas where they renourish the beaches and how to find them. ---showed her a bit of ballast stones form the main beach shipwreck on amelia island---found a few nails and a small bit of scrap metal but sadly nothing noteworthy ---however she did find a herself a "digging" spoon ;D ---Ivan

Re: headed to the beach --amelia island-helping a person learn about their "mach

It sounds like a satisfying day for both of you. One person gets great hands-on help to finding better targets. We should all be so lucky! And I would think you would get a good feeling by being able to help someone on the road to better treasure. What a great day!! Great kharma!

vicki

well folks she found out that the setting of 3 on her unit keeps the gold items --rings and such but cuts out the pull tabs---that should cut way down on her junk digging factor and she learned about the differant sounds that gold ,silver and copper make ---as well as the "stuttering" sound that a larger type aluminum (can) makes ---which is very important as the cz 20 has no idiot guides---to tell you what you've found ---you have to tell by tone---both the type of sound (what its made of) and how strong the sound is (the depth)---this can be tricky for some folks---I used a silver coin, pre 82 "copper" penny and a gold ring to show her the differance---then I explained how to find a "good spot to hunt" with all that beach to hunt where do you start and why?--- told her look for wreck sites and popular swimming beaches--told her about "scatter" patterns from hurricanes---if you can find them in the same spot thats really great but either one alone can be good----explained about high wear zones on beaches that have been renorished---esp ones near the big time wreck areas down south and how to use the beach monitoring to find these hot spots to hunt---all in all a fine day helping out a nice person really learn about detecting and using her machine to best advantage---Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back