Heading for the beach in the morning for some black sand sifting

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All systems are almost a go for a trip to the Washington coast in the morning to try and rid that beautiful black sand of some of the yellow metal pollution.

I'm headed to Long Beach, Wa. So if anyone can get away for some nice weather, minus tide, sand sifting come on down to Beards Hollow.

I wish I could give longer notice but my family obligations are one day at a time and without warning :BangHead:

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quick question. Is there a beach creek there with sufficient flow to run a stream sluice? I will not be in the area til later in the summer but have heard about the area and would like to try it.

Thanks.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get out when you can and as you can. It's what I did today on the lower river so I got some classified -1/2" stuff to play with tomorrow. :hello2: At least, between swats at mosquitoes I can pan.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A creek, yes but almost no flow. You'll need to set it up with a pump. I'ts about 1/2 mile from where I get the sand.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got back from the beach.

Beautiful day
DSCF0041.JPG
Found lots of blue black sand left from the storms so we loaded my truck and got to work
DSCF0038.JPG
Even the gulls were having a peaceful day
DSCF0035.JPG
With scenery like this, who could complain
DSCF0034.JPG
We set up at the creek and started sifting
DSCF0046.JPG
Brought back a panfull of cons that will take a while to clean. More pics at a later date.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sun and wind burned and still at least 6hrs of clean up before I'll know how we did. I expect we got about the usual amount, around .5 to 1 gram. A lot of time spent panning cons and a miller table is no quicker. This stuff is all -200 in heavy black sand. Very aggravatingly slow to pan out.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been panning some -20 today. Half way thru and it's all been catch and release so far. Sooo...half a gram would be nice indeed! I have yet to get serious with the fresh water stream/beach here in CC. Maybe come down and show me how it''s done???

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sun and wind burned and still at least 6hrs of clean up before I'll know how we did. I expect we got about the usual amount, around .5 to 1 gram. A lot of time spent panning cons and a miller table is no quicker. This stuff is all -200 in heavy black sand. Very aggravatingly slow to pan out.

I feel your pain. :laughing7: Are you using all V-mat in your sluice/highbanker?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other

Hows the cleanup coming Mike?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions