What's new

Hearing the signal!!!!

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Problem I,m having is WATER IN MY EARS when diving,cuts down drastically on hearing signals,I know the stuff is there and deep!Ear plugs are out,pressure equalization.Any solutions??????????I don't want to miss NOTHIN!!!!! Dennis,I know I'll see your answer!
 
Upvote 0
worldtalker,

are you wearing a wetsuit hood? if so you might want to cut holes in it over your ears. sound actually travels better thru water than air because its denser. i've read about the pro ear mask and i believe if you could move the speakers from you're headphones to the earcups on this mask it would help. i contacted them to see if they thought it was possible and they treated me like i was nuts!!!!

steve :-)
 
I'm right here......

It is difficult to hear those signals while underwater with the regulator bubbles and screams from your dive buddy because he has seaweed caught on his hose. Nothing can be done about the water in the ears and your right about not using plugs. All I was able to do was crank up the volume as high as it would go. When I wore a hood I did cut a small hole where my ears were, but depending on the water temp. this also let colder water near the ear canal. I never had any trouble hearing my 1280, CZ-20 or Tiger Shark under water, only the Excal but maybe the Excal II has a lower volume limit too. While wading I place tape over the earphone drain holes to block outside noise more.

Dennis
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom