What's new

Heart self-titled album

Oregon Viking

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
19,735
Reaction score
86,505
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On June 21, 1985, Heart released their self-titled eighth studio album, a record that revitalized the band's career and transformed them into one of the biggest rock acts of the decade. After several years of declining commercial success, sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson embraced a more polished, radio-friendly sound without sacrificing the powerful musicianship and vocal performances that had made Heart famous.
⠀
The album produced a remarkable string of hit singles, including "What About Love," "Never," "These Dreams," and "Nothin' at All." Ann Wilson's extraordinary voice remained one of rock's greatest assets, while Nancy Wilson continued to bring musical depth and versatility to the band's evolving sound. Heart became their first album to top the charts in years and introduced the group to an entirely new generation of listeners during the MTV era.

heart.webp
 
I got into Heart when Dreamboat Annie came out in '75, I stumbled on to their album in a record store, back then stores had copies you could play, the store had couple private rooms you could play album to see if you liked it. After listening to Magic Man and Crazy On You I bought the album.

 
I was at this concert with my little sister, who was visiting from Phoenix.
 
I lost Interest in them By the 80's


Their older stuff was ... first of course, and great, but some of the modern stuff kicks ass !!!!
 
And.... from their ninth album, Bad Animals.






Nancy !!!! My fav as I'm a guitar player too.


 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom