What's new

Heart Stopper / Heart Breaker

piggman1

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I went detecting for a whole 5 minutes this morning before it started raining. While heading back to the truck I got a strong signal in the leaves. After brushing them aside my heart stopped. There was a beautiful 1884 S Morgan dollar. I flew back to the house all excited to examine my new found treasure.....only to find upon closer look....IT WAS A FAKE! You can see the word copy on the reverse. It's not nice to fool Papa Nature. I still think it's a cool find though.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 883
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 886
Upvote 0
My goodness the string of explicit words that would cross my lips would get me thrown from this forum.
 
Cool Find.

Is it Silver ?

Usually Copies are made to Exact Metal content of the Original.

& the reason COPY must be Present.
 
Its all good.It is probably a one ounce silver round worth the spot price of silver.Id be happy to find it.WTG!!
 
Wow, even fakes can be worth a lot of money; in some cases, much more than the original! Man, Piggman you need to start selling some "PIGGMAN RUB ON SOME LUCK"; I'd buy some for sure. :)

GRB
 
Don't know if it is silver but it registered as a dollar.
 
Oh man! - a short story, well written with a tragic ending ;D

I feel your pain.
 
Thats a shame...

congrats on an interesting find and too bad its a copy!!
 
Thats very cool, Almost as good as the real thing.
 
I can feel the pain---just keep it heads side up in the display case----Ivan
 
That is a very nice find. I can also see how disappointed you must have been too. It probably is silver though. Congrats on the BIG silver. :)
 
Found one like it on Ebay. It is silver plated clad. Well, it's the biggest clad I've ever found.
 
That stinks but still a neat find
Dman
 
Same thing happened to me with this coin:

DSC00003.jpg


I am still glad I found it!
 
OMG!!! Like where are the police when you need them? I think you were ripped off!! If I were you I would......
 
That is a heartbreaker but I'd rather find a copy than none at all!

HH from M2
 

Attachments

  • heart.gif
    heart.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom