What's new

Heartbreaker

Goot

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5A2861B2-D191-4C1B-98C2-38F85DB95C83.webp

Found this corner notch in small Creek be.
Broken base. I think it’s made of flint ridge flint from southeastern Ohio.
Found it in central Kentucky.
 
Upvote 0
Is it beveled? On the left? I wonder if it could be a Thebes considering the beveling, flaking, location, material, etc... Of course I know the defining "Stem" is missing.

Thebes Projectile Point
 
No beveling. I wonder if it was a spear point or a knife. However, why make a knife with protruding ears and if one broke a knife of such pretty flint wouldn’t you make it into a smaller point?
 
Welcome, nice find. Could be Kentucky Hornstone material.
 
FWIW, the formation that produces Flintridge continues into Kentucky.

I've never heard that before. Have you got any more info on this? I know there is loose Flintridge in a creek in IN that the glacier moved but in KY? Gary
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom