What's new

HEAT SUN and too much WATER = 911

MiamiFox

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2013
Messages
766
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After working out in the Sun all day I leaned the hard way that you can drink too much water.

When I got home everything started to spin and I managed to make it to the bed. A Horrible feeling of no control, a spinning room and I couldn't even lift my head up.

I thought I was having a stroke and had my wife call 911.

After the Rescue Squad got here and did the EKG, the blood pressure test, a blood test, and asked questions they said I lost all my electrolytes from drinking too much water.

They said you should alternate between something like Gatorade and water or drink a 50 50 mix of it. So my wife ran to the kitchen to get some Gatorade and after a while I started to feel better and today I feel normal. It's a good thing it didn't happen on the way home in traffic

My wife says I must have been a Camel in a previous life. I do drink a lot of water but from now on I will mix it up.

So be safe out there guys and girls.
 
Upvote 0
Glad you are ok. You may want to throw in a banana into the mix too. I find they help me after digging or mountain biking in the heat. I tend to over hydrate too but have not experienced what you did. I've been weak however. I'll also add in a sugary drink like a frozen coke or milk shake to cool off instead of only water. Brings my energy level up. Cytomax is a better alternative to gatoraid and I use it when doing extreme hikes etc. You could mix it into your water at less than the recommended levels and get the same result with probably less calories.
 
I sell sport drinks with electrolytes, too bad you are not on my route:dontknow:
 
Its a freakin hot summer this year. Fall is around the corner. I love that first day when you feel the humidity go to 60 instead of 100. Oh, thats not till January. Damit Jim

sponge using smoke signals.
 
Glad you are o.k.!
 
Thanks for sharing a lifesaving experience.
 
A lesson hard learned. Glad you're ok.
 
Sorry about that mis-hap, Miami Fox; that sun is dangerous!

I always take two containers of Gator-Ade plus a banana to the beach just for such an emergency as you experienced.

I'm glad all turned out fine for you...be careful out there.

Lorraine
 
wow that is scary. glad everything turned out ok for you and you are feeling better!
 
Thank you all for your great tips and caring replies. It was a life changing experience.
 
Glad you're alright MiamiFox! Good to know about the electrolytes1
 
I watched that video you made. Nice loomin spot.

sponge using smoke signals.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom