What's new

Heathkit GroundTrack GD-1290

59CRL

Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2018
Messages
22
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites, Bounty Hunter, Tecknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey just picked up this Hethkit GD-1290. I found this one in Italy as im in Germany now. It is
in great condition and works fine. Came with the manual too. Has above average depth compared
to my other vintage BFO machines of the same era.

IMG_20181116_085815284.webp

IMG_20181116_085827187.webp

IMG_20181116_171631545.webp

IMG_20181116_171708088.webp
 
Ah, Heathkit electronics - loved the old catalogs at Christmas!

Nice score!
 
tn_metal_detector.gif
Built a lot of Amateur Radio gear - sure miss the ole Heathkits!
 
I have 4 Heathkit robots (Hero 1 and Hero Jr.), purchase them on Feebay and restore them to new condition...labor of love. :hello2:
 
I have 4 Heathkit robots (Hero 1 and Hero Jr.), purchase them on Feebay and restore them to new condition...labor of love. :hello2:

Too Cool! I didn't remember them, but looked up vids after seeing your post - Computer history saved!
 
I have the same exact machine. I bought mine from Heathkit back in 1980. It still works like a champ! My dad wanted to get into metal detecting and it was all I could afford at the time. It took me a week to assemble. I've gotten almost 40 years of enjoyment out of that detector.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom