What's new

-heavy-shiny-silver-rock-

dansrevenge

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is this a meteorite?
weight 5 lbs
it is magnetic
wont scratch with a knife
has what looks like gold in in a few places
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5537.webp
    IMG_5537.webp
    557.9 KB · Views: 2,994
  • IMG_5538.webp
    IMG_5538.webp
    275.1 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_5539.webp
    IMG_5539.webp
    229.6 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_5540.webp
    IMG_5540.webp
    244.2 KB · Views: 460
  • Rock5 (1).webp
    Rock5 (1).webp
    577.5 KB · Views: 501
  • Rock5.webp
    Rock5.webp
    324.9 KB · Views: 560
  • rock (1).webp
    rock (1).webp
    843.3 KB · Views: 874
  • rock (2).webp
    rock (2).webp
    388 KB · Views: 673
  • rock (3).webp
    rock (3).webp
    834.5 KB · Views: 538
  • rock (4).webp
    rock (4).webp
    508.9 KB · Views: 595
  • rock.webp
    rock.webp
    474.2 KB · Views: 587
Good morning dansrevenge.......well to me it looks like a big weathered chunck of PYRITE. The 8th photo kinda shows the crystalline structure. Nice photos !
 
this whole piece is very silver in color, the pics make it look like brass...
I plan to do the Streak test later, maybe that will tell something.......
 
Don't see the window filed yet, dans revenge. Need that to go further on this thread.
 
I have lots of silvery stuff. Some is shist and I have to watch how I spell that.
I see a rock with some minerals. Window test is certainly a first move to get through the surface and see what it is. Maybe?
 
I will say with almost nearly 3 % certainty that you cannot identify a rite from a wrong with a photo.
It is much easier to tell that it isn't one. From a good picture.
 
Last edited:
Tell something about density (Archimedes Law). Good luck
 
Sorry, not a meteorite. Could be ironstone with pyrite.
 

Attachments

  • il_570xN.954621246_fqfj.webp
    il_570xN.954621246_fqfj.webp
    54 KB · Views: 401

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom