What's new

Heavy Trash

Absolutely wrong statement ! The faster you go the more signals you miss !!

The question is depth. A faster swing allows the detector to see a deeper target. It's a single frequency VLF detector... that's how they work. Try the airtest I did, you'll see.

He is a newbie also, im not !

The video shows all. You can't make a Ford Fiesta go 240 mph no matter how much you drive it.

Sorry, but no thanks, I detect with people I like and your attitudes make me dislike you both !

That's odd, I saw it the other way around. After watching that video, you could've said that maybe it wasn't 10" or maybe it has less depth than you were thinking, but you chose to be insulting.

Stick with the truth so you're not contributing to someone buying the detector based on your field review and THEN hating the hobby or Garrett.

Give the real facts and a lot will pick the Ace 250 anyway.
 
Thanks guys for all your support and advise, but I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. I've only put something like forty hours on my machine, and seem to be learning a lot more each time I go out. I'm sure with a time I will be able to figure out what is thrash and what is not. By the way, I have managed to dig a '45 Walking Liberty, probably just beginners luck. See 'ya soon!!!
 
I have managed to dig a '45 Walking Liberty

Congratulations! Good job man! I honestly see another detector in your future. It's an itch that can't be scratched. :)

Allen would've got it on edge, 18 inches deep, in red clay, between two nails, under power lines, and after dark? Haha! (it's a joke, relax)
 
Shambler said:
I have managed to dig a '45 Walking Liberty

Congratulations! Good job man! I honestly see another detector in your future. It an itch that can't be scratched.

Allen would've got it on edge, 18 inches deep, in red clay, between two nails, under power lines, and after dark? Haha!

Don't forget that it would be raining and he would be on the cell phone with his wife writing down the grocery list and searching on ebay to find out how much it was worth.
 
[mod]DELETED – Forum Rules Violation
Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't use profane or obscene language.

Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone.

(Wreckdiver1715)[/mod]
 
Personally with places that are trashy,if I got the time I'll simply spend one day with no hopes off finding good stuff and try clean out all the junk singles i can,then be serious on the second run.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom