Heck of a way to say thanks!

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I've been going into work about a half hour early every Sunday for the past couple of months to help this guy get his paperwork done. I never minded because I like talking with him and showing him what I've recently found. He used to MD and still collects coins. This past Sunday I stepped into the office and he hands me a Ziploc bag with about 20 different coins in it and says "Thanks for coming in and helping me." We went through the coins in the bag and he starts rambling off information about each one like he wrote The Red Book! He wouldn't take any money for them and insisted I keep them. I didn't know what to say so I just said "your welcome and thank you!" ;D
In all he gave me...
1) 1943 Merc. MS63
IMG_0228.JPG
1) 1865 3 cent piece
IMG_0231.JPG
1) 1865 IH
IMG_0232.JPG
7) V Nickels, 1883 (No "cents" on back), 1899, 1901, 1907, 1911, 1912, & 1912D
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
2) Steel cents, 1943, & 1943D
IMG_0234.JPG
and 16 different foreign coins & 10 tokens
IMG_0258.JPGIMG_0256.JPGIMG_0263.JPGIMG_0269.JPGIMG_0272.JPGIMG_0276.JPG
He couldn't tell me much about the foreign coins so if anyone here knows what they are please let me know.

Upvote 0
You be right, that's one heck of a way to say Thank You! That's a heck of a co-worker you got there.

Desertfox

Here's the pics of my favorite two tokens. If anybody knows what these are please let me know.
IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0255.JPG

That was might nice of him to give you all them nice coins and tokens but you know the old saying "What goes around comes around" :thumbsup:

The first row (left) coin is Japan (1914) and the second row (right) is Japan 50 yen. I can't see the date as it is on the reverse side.

crazyjarhead said:
The first row (left) coin is Japan (1914) and the second row (right) is Japan 50 yen. I can't see the date as it is on the reverse side.

Cool, Thanks! here's a pic of the reverse.

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 751
Thanks again jarhead...
I don't know TT but I'm definitely going to try to stay on his good side! ;D

Just by reading them I'd say the second from the left is the colony of Laos, the third from left is Paraguay oddly enough ;D. The bottom right one I think is from Belgium, I'd have to go looking through all my coins and that might take some time. The one bottom left could be Turkish or middle eastern.
Mate I would say a good deed is it's own reward but hey................. You can't complain about that :thumbsup:

The bottom right is from Belgium, and you might check into it. Those coins were minted in two different languages, and one is more valuable than the other. I have the less valuable one :'(. Can you post a picture of the other side?

Awesome! I am into coin collecting to and have been for some time! Ever since i started my senior project 10 months ago and did it on coins! I must say coin collecting and metal detecting really go together! You should definatly come to some coin shows! I bet theres some in your area! You'll be amazed at all the U.S. and Foreign coins that are out there!

Yeah, here it is halfdime...
IMG_0277.JPG
I agree with you 100% Detectingfreak, I was never really interested in coins until I found my first IH last year. Then I bought the red book and have been reading the history of them.

Thanks Yarrrum, I'm definitely not complaining!

super nice guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back