What's new

Hello Boys and Girls

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
1,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see some great finds and look over and see that you all own several detectors and I can't figure out which one you used for your great find.
Help this old guy out please.:occasion14:
Thanks, Marvin
 
Upvote 6
I wonder the same thing a lot of times myself. I ask the poster about half the time if they don't include what detector they were using but have many listed. Personally, I try to always include the detector that I was using but if I don't, it was my F75. I assume that about others too, that if they don't list the detector, they were probably using their best one.
 
I'm a one detector owner too, whites M6. I too get curious as to what detector was used on finds.
 
I only use one: Deus.

IMHO, you get the best results out of the machine that you know the best. I bought a Deus about 16 months ago, and have stuck with it. I really like the machine.. light, wireless and fast.
 
Deus since May-ish for me. My back up is an ATPro, yet I haven't turned it on once since receiving the Deus.
 
That's a good question, but it seems if you find something with an ATP, the anti-Garrett folks object if you say you used it lol:dontknow:
 
I always assume they are using their best unless otherwise stated.
 
I love my Deus. I rarely use my CTX, but that is largely because I haven't taken it out enough to learn it well yet. ATPro is a great detector as well.
 
It really depends on the sites you hunt. I have some early 1600s dirt with some super deep finds. I decided on a Teknetics T2 SE. It has been awesome. All of my finds were with that machine. The Fisher F75 LTD is almost identical. Lots of successful relic hunters use them both. The Deus is a monster from seeing the finds and hearing the feedback. Good luck
 
I have two at pro's I carry one with a big coil and one with a small one have my eye on a ctx but then I have to relearn a machine..... So I think I'm gonna wait
Kyle-
 
That's a great question,,
I have numerous machines and they all serve me well at different times. I use my Excalibur for Salt Water hunts. IMHO there is no better machine that will operate so well in salt water.
I have recovered numerous gold rings from fresh water using the AT PRO. It is an All Terrain, (AT), machine. However it can not do what the Excalibur does in Salt Water. Salt Water is a conductor and will drive most detectors nuts.
For land hunts my go to machine is the E-Trac and it is a killer on Silver Coins. My Silver Coin Count for 2015 as of today is 147 Coins.
There is a lot of talk about the XP Deus. It too is part of my arsenal. The Deus is a Stupendous Machine but it was designed and manufactured in France for use in the Fields of Great Britain. They did not have NYC parks in mind when they put this machine together. Many of my friends from down south who are primarily Civil War Relic hunters have had great success with this machine. The same is true for numerous farm field hunters.
The nemesis that you face using the Deus in many parks in the States is the steel bottle cap. While the E-Trac will blank them out, The Deus will not.
Whenever I post a hunt, I always try to remember to include what machine I use. This post will help me to be a little more diligent on that matter.
 
I have always used White's detectors. My current one is the DFX. I think it will be my last one as well.
 
Great Post, OP!

I keep my "equipment used" info up to date because someone out there on TNET may be like me/us and find that to be interesting or pertinent information... Maybe someone genuinely wants to know what an eagle button at 5 inches rings up as on a CTX in Georgia clay.

On a similar note,

What -really- frustrates me is when folks don't put ANY location info on their profile, and then post up their finds without the courtesy of a general location included in the narrative...

Maybe I'm alone on this - but I am of the mindset that you should type out every new thread you start under the assumption that a brand new member is seeing your postings for the first time... And if your profile is blank how are they supposed to know what general location you dig? Listing a generic locale may help offer encouragement to the guys near you who maybe have been stuck in a rut lately, plus it just adds provenance to the find in general.

There are a lot of folks on TNET, and a ton of us (me included) can't remember that one time 3 years ago that you may have casually mentioned you worked near that one gas station about 45 minutes south of Nashville or whatever, haha! We don't have that recollection to apply to all your later postings.

---------------------------------------------

(This is me when i read a blank-profile members thread)

"Oh cool, this guy found a belt plate, I'm going to -assume- in Virginia cause that's where the majority of TNET plates seem to come out of. It's been a month since that has happened."

-Versus-

"Holy crap, this guy found a belt plate on private property near where Custer made his last stand!!! BANNER!!!"
----------------------------------------------

I am 100% on board with not disclosing your hunting spots - but give us your state at a minimum... Ideally (in my mind) would be your general vicinity or region (Northern Tennessee, Southern Pennsylvania, a miners camp in Colorado, a beach on the east coast of Florida, etc...)

If you don't offer us a little bit of insight into your find, as far as i see it your just posting to brag - which is cool - but TNET should be utilized to the FULL potential it was intended for: a resource to connect with/help fellow hunters.

I'd like to add that location becomes potentially even more vital when you post over in the "What Is It?" section... You can only help those who help themselves!

Oh, and scale. Doesn't have to be a science. If you don't / can't provide measurements, weights, etc - no problem - but at LEAST plop a dime or something down next to your find before you snap a photo!

I apologize if i derailed your thread, OP.

Happy Hunting!


~Tejaas~
 
Last edited:
XP Deus unless otherwise stated:occasion14:
 
Great Post, OP!

I keep my "equipment used" info up to date because someone out there on TNET may be like me/us and find that to be interesting or pertinent information... Maybe someone genuinely wants to know what an eagle button at 5 inches rings up as on a CTX in Georgia clay.

On a similar note,

What -really- frustrates me is when folks don't put ANY location info on their profile, and then post up their finds without the courtesy of a general location included in the narrative...

Maybe I'm alone on this - but I am of the mindset that you should type out every new thread you start under the assumption that a brand new member is seeing your postings for the first time... And if your profile is blank how are they supposed to know what general location you dig? Listing a generic locale may help offer encouragement to the guys near you who maybe have been stuck in a rut lately, plus it just adds provenance to the find in general.

There are a lot of folks on TNET, and a ton of us (me included) can't remember that one time 3 years ago that you may have casually mentioned you worked near that one gas station about 45 minutes south of Nashville or whatever, haha! We don't have that recollection to apply to all your later postings.

---------------------------------------------

(This is me when i read a blank-profile members thread)

"Oh cool, this guy found a belt plate, I'm going to -assume- in Virginia cause that's where the majority of TNET plates seem to come out of. It's been a month since that has happened."

-Versus-

"Holy crap, this guy found a belt plate on private property near where Custer made his last stand!!! BANNER!!!"
----------------------------------------------

I am 100% on board with not disclosing your hunting spots - but give us your state at a minimum... Ideally (in my mind) would be your general vicinity or region (Northern Tennessee, Southern Pennsylvania, a miners camp in Colorado, a beach on the east coast of Florida, etc...)

If you don't offer us a little bit of insight into your find, as far as i see it your just posting to brag - which is cool - but TNET should be utilized to the FULL potential it was intended for: a resource to connect with/help fellow hunters.

I'd like to add that location becomes potentially even more vital when you post over in the "What Is It?" section... You can only help those who help themselves!

Oh, and scale. Doesn't have to be a science. If you don't / can't provide measurements, weights, etc - no problem - but at LEAST plop a dime or something down next to your find before you snap a photo!

I apologize if i derailed your thread, OP.

Happy Hunting!


~Tejaas~


I agree .
I'm a Details & Info guy also.

I tell ya , In 'Hard Packed' Georgia Red Clay 6-7 inches would be a great depth to dig a Vest Size GS Eagle Button, with either my Tejon or my XLT. Tho many variables do apply.

I don't post Finds to often but when I do I will try to mention witch machine I use.
 
I'm like "Against the wind". I own 3 detectors, & depending where I am hunting dictates which detector I use. For hunting farm fields, I use the Fisher CZ 5 ( I like that machine so much, I own 2 of them ).
I use that one because in fields, I dig everything ! I use very little discrimination in the fields. If I am hunting a yard or park, I go with the Minelab Explorer SE Pro. I like the way it discriminates, & is an excellent machine. There is less digging with this machine, & when your in someone's yard you don't want to be making a lot of holes by digging garbage.
 
That's a great question,,
I have numerous machines and they all serve me well at different times. I use my Excalibur for Salt Water hunts. IMHO there is no better machine that will operate so well in salt water.
I have recovered numerous gold rings from fresh water using the AT PRO. It is an All Terrain, (AT), machine. However it can not do what the Excalibur does in Salt Water. Salt Water is a conductor and will drive most detectors nuts.
For land hunts my go to machine is the E-Trac and it is a killer on Silver Coins. My Silver Coin Count for 2015 as of today is 147 Coins.
There is a lot of talk about the XP Deus. It too is part of my arsenal. The Deus is a Stupendous Machine but it was designed and manufactured in France for use in the Fields of Great Britain. They did not have NYC parks in mind when they put this machine together. Many of my friends from down south who are primarily Civil War Relic hunters have had great success with this machine. The same is true for numerous farm field hunters.
The nemesis that you face using the Deus in many parks in the States is the steel bottle cap. While the E-Trac will blank them out, The Deus will not.
Whenever I post a hunt, I always try to remember to include what machine I use. This post will help me to be a little more diligent on that matter.

Interesting post, thanks for the Deus info, I didn't realize what it was built for.
Marvin
 
Great Post, OP!

I keep my "equipment used" info up to date because someone out there on TNET may be like me/us and find that to be interesting or pertinent information... Maybe someone genuinely wants to know what an eagle button at 5 inches rings up as on a CTX in Georgia clay.

On a similar note,

What -really- frustrates me is when folks don't put ANY location info on their profile, and then post up their finds without the courtesy of a general location included in the narrative...

Maybe I'm alone on this - but I am of the mindset that you should type out every new thread you start under the assumption that a brand new member is seeing your postings for the first time... And if your profile is blank how are they supposed to know what general location you dig? Listing a generic locale may help offer encouragement to the guys near you who maybe have been stuck in a rut lately, plus it just adds provenance to the find in general.

There are a lot of folks on TNET, and a ton of us (me included) can't remember that one time 3 years ago that you may have casually mentioned you worked near that one gas station about 45 minutes south of Nashville or whatever, haha! We don't have that recollection to apply to all your later postings.



---------------------------------------------

(This is me when i read a blank-profile members thread)

"Oh cool, this guy found a belt plate, I'm going to -assume- in Virginia cause that's where the majority of TNET plates seem to come out of. It's been a month since that has happened."

-Versus-

"Holy crap, this guy found a belt plate on private property near where Custer made his last stand!!! BANNER!!!"
----------------------------------------------

I am 100% on board with not disclosing your hunting spots - but give us your state at a minimum... Ideally (in my mind) would be your general vicinity or region (Northern Tennessee, Southern Pennsylvania, a miners camp in Colorado, a beach on the east coast of Florida, etc...)

If you don't offer us a little bit of insight into your find, as far as i see it your just posting to brag - which is cool - but TNET should be utilized to the FULL potential it was intended for: a resource to connect with/help fellow hunters.

I'd like to add that location becomes potentially even more vital when you post over in the "What Is It?" section... You can only help those who help themselves!

Oh, and scale. Doesn't have to be a science. If you don't / can't provide measurements, weights, etc - no problem - but at LEAST plop a dime or something down next to your find before you snap a photo!

I apologize if i derailed your thread, OP.

Happy Hunting!


~Tejaas~

Another absolutely great post.

Thanks, Marvin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom