bryancappsjr

Jun 20, 2016
Central/North Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all,

I'm Bryan from Florida (Gainesville during class, Orlando when school's out). I started out detecting when I was about 12, using an Ace 250. I used it on and off for a few years and decided it wasn't for me, but just caught the bug again a month or two ago and picked up an AT Pro. I'm mainly interested in Seminole War/Civil War/early Florida settlement sites, and have been hard at work compiling research to (hopefully) find a virgin site or two. I would like to get into shallow river/lake hunting, but until someone invents some gator repellent, that's questionable at best. Only notable finds to date are a ship timber with bronze spikes, a silver St. Michael pendant, a couple bullets from early Orlando homesteads, and a few odds and ends from an 1830s ghost town.

I'll be spending the rest of the summer working in Massachusetts (Fall River area), then back up to Gainesville for the fall semester, so if anyone's around those parts, throw a message my way! I'm always down for a little collaboration/friendly competition.

Last edited:
Welcome to TNet. Gators are starting to be seen here. Wish you would keep them and the boa constrictors there. Gators are fine, giant snakes, no way. Good luck this summer and good luck in school. That degree will take you farther than you ever dreamed. I promise. The finds you mentioned are really impressive.

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Bryan! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back