Hello from long island

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the CRH side of hunting! I'm just the opposite; got an Ace 350 that I started to break in.
HH!
BRChiver

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! This is my first post, so here it goes :)

My first time CRH with my own coins was when my grandfather gave me about 40 rolls of cent to look through. I got about a large pickle jar worth of copper cents (although they currently reside in plastic bags and rolls). There was one roll that had about 45 wheats in it, the oldest being a 1940. You beat my earliest coin. I mostly search through rolls of half dollars my dad buys at the bank, in which he is very lucky. He has about a hundred oz. of silver that has accumulated over the years from crh.

Anyhow, this thread interested me because of your 1922 wheatie. That is a semi-key date in the Lincoln cent series. Check the mintmark to see if one is present; it should be a "D." If there is no mintmark, then you may have a several-hundred-dollar coin in your hands. I'm sure you know about this, but, if not, now you know.

I have always wanted to try metal detecting, but never got the chance. School and band don't help much either. CRH is a good alternative, though. Happy Hunting!

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! Wait until you find your first silver, then you will be hooked for life.

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the CRH side of hunting! I'm just the opposite; got an Ace 350 that I started to break in. HH! BRChiver
Metal detecting is great, got a bunch of silver, some gold. Didn't break the pre 1900s coin yet but got some good ones. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread