Hello from Madison Wisconsin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone -
I'm a new member of the community. I stumbled upon the treaurenet.com website about a week ago when searching Google for information on coin errors. After many hours of reading your threads and seeing your photos, I knew I wanted to be an official part of the forums.

I guess I've always considered myself a treasure hunter. Some might say hoarder instead. I've had collections of baseball cards, stamps, comic books, coins...you name it, I've collected it at some point in my life. I stopped this nonsense at some point during college, and sold off most of my collections.

I look forward to participating in two areas of treasure hunting and hopefully more in the future:

• First, I've been acquiring things off of Craigslist. These are random items, and I usually get them for free. My two most notable finds have been a World War II musician's trunk and a very intricate serving tray. Fun stuff that I love to have in my possession for home decor, but maybe you guys can help me identify any value that these items may hold.
  • Second, I've been having conversations with a friend about silver. This made me recall what fun I had in my childhood looking at my grandfather's coin collection and collecting my own coins. I am officially back into coins, and I have started to regularly coin roll hunt to add to my collection.

A little about myself - I live in Madison, WI but I'm originally from central WI. I have a short-term goal to return back to central WI to live there for the rest of my life. I'm married with kid number one on the way in June 2013. I enjoy so many things about this world, but to name a few - hunting, berry picking, birds, hammocks, books, video games, ancestry and building my family tree, photography, etc. Life is good.

I look forward to getting to know you guys, getting excited about your finds, and hopefully sharing some exciting finds with you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread