girlinaz

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2013
Phoenix, az
Detector(s) used
Shopping
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just introducing myself, as i originally signed up to ask about metal detectors. I am a hobbyist prospector, started panning about 2 years ago to get away from school and work and all of the stress that comes along with it. I usually prospect at lynx creek in prescott, tried box canyon around wickenburg once and that was a waste of time.

When i started panning at lynx creek, i ran across a few other regular and long time panners/prospectors, built some friendships, and they called me "girl". So that is why i decided on the nickname for the forums. I guess they had to look out for me being a female alone in the woods for a few days haha.

I have djd in my spine, so its getting increasingly difficult to dig large holes to get to the bedrock, so instead of giving up on panning, i thought id buy a metal detector to keep me busy as well. That way when i need a break i can keep myself active and continue hunting for gold and relics. My dad has always wanted to search for meteorites, so i think tat would be a fun hobby too. Once it gets too cold in prescott to pan i need to find some other places i can hunt without a claim.

Whenever im browsing around the internet for anything gold related, i end up back to these forums. So hello everyone, and i love the information and personal experiences that are shared here.

Welcome to Tnet.
I think there are some good places for meteorites near Quartzite area.
Not far from you.
None of us want to dig large holes no matter what condition where in.:laughing7:
I have 2 herniated discs in my back.

Hi roadrunner,
I have heard quartzite as well. We live out near the white tanks so i think it would be kind of fun to go on hikes through the desert here and see if we pick anything up. Ouch, herniated discs can be a beast! I actually dont mind digging holes all day long if i didnt feel like my spine was broken in half haha.

Hello and welcome from florida.

Welcome from the Alamo City. I have said this before, but here goes again. In 1982(summer) I was at grad school. They gave me a job, a university van and a credit card and sent me to Arizona to do research in the libraries of your fine universities. While cruising form the Superstitions east toward Globe(I think), I saw a guy with a detector, a colt and a big knife. He was detecting in a gully and across some flat land. I watched him for about an hour, then drove over to his truck. He saw the decal of the university on my van and relaxed and was really cool. He explained that he did this as a weekend hobby, looked for gold in old creekbeds or washes and sold them to a guy in Scottsdale. He then showed me a leather pouch, had me cup my hands and poured about a dozen decent sized nuggets into my hand. I freaked. He then showed me another pouch full of smaller nuggets. I thanked him, eventually drove back to Texas and told everyone the story. Been back through your area many times, but never tried what he was doing. Anyway, the point is, GOOD HUNTING...

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome aboard from the Chicago area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back