Hello I am new to metal detecting and need help.

ShakyShane99

Aug 24, 2023
Hi I’m Shane, I recently was painting at a mans house he just bought and we found a Whites Prizm 2 metal detector in the attic. I asked about it and he told me to take it 😁😁😁 I took it home powered it up and it works! I found Pennie’s and some metal stuff in the back yard within 20 mins of playing around with it. There just 2 small issues, 1 the bolt that holds the coil on is missing the thumb nut, 2 the speaker makes no sound at all and I’m forced to use head phones. Is it as easy as sealing the little speaker 🔈? Because I saw a video of a man doing so ant it looked extremely easy to do.
IMG_0864.jpeg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...found a Whites Prizm 2 metal detector in the attic...2 small issues, 1 the bolt that holds the coil on is missing the thumb nut, 2 the speaker makes no sound at all and I’m forced to use head phones....
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to BRANDS > WHITE'S > PRIZM for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Prizm is about equivalent to the Ace 250. Either the speaker is blown or a wire broke loose, I'd lean toward a broken wire. Circuitry is fine since the headphones work. The thumb nut can be purchased from Centerville Electronics (White's service) or you can go to the local hardware store and buy a nylon bolt/wingnut that works.

OP
OP
S

ShakyShane99

Aug 24, 2023
The Prizm is about equivalent to the Ace 250. Either the speaker is blown or a wire broke loose, I'd lean toward a broken wire. Circuitry is fine since the headphones work. The thumb nut can be purchased from Centerville Electronics (White's service) or you can go to the local hardware store and buy a nylon bolt/wingnut that works.
Thanks for the information, I took it apart last night and the speaker is blown. Smells like burned electronics off the bat and volt meter confirmed. Put it back together and gave it to my bro that was more eager to have it than i was. I might get that ACE 250

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Thanks for the information, I took it apart last night and the speaker is blown. Smells like burned electronics off the bat and volt meter confirmed. Put it back together and gave it to my bro that was more eager to have it than i was. I might get that ACE 250
I’d do the 250. I ran with the 300 for a long time. Just found the settings such as “coin mode” and “relic mode” to be really cool although it takes a while to discern “in between signals”. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread