Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I said when I arrived at my destination today. Those who have been around awhile will remember my long stint with "my" mansion.

Still a favorite place for me. Not cuz of lots of finds but because when I take a pause and look around? I feel transported back to the 1800's. It's *SUCH* a great feeling! Calm, peaceful....just a pleasant place to walk and dream!

It was as if I'd never left. Didn't find a lot but everything felt like an adventure! Better than any Ole park!

It's still a bit stingy but here's the take....
IMG_20230224_174537.jpg

IMG_20230224_191732.jpg

I *really* enjoyed my walk today! Not much to show here but thought I'd share for those who still can't dig.

I really must've been listening close today! To hear that teeny little button!! Looks like a pretty old style! So, my mansion visiting days aren't over and it appears to appreciate my visits.

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 27

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I said when I arrived at my destination today. Those who have been around awhile will remember my long stint with "my" mansion.

Still a favorite place for me. Not cuz of lots of finds but because when I take a pause and look around? I feel transported back to the 1800's. It's *SUCH* a great feeling! Calm, peaceful....just a pleasant place to walk and dream!

It was as if I'd never left. Didn't find a lot but everything felt like an adventure! Better than any Ole park!

It's still a bit stingy but here's the take....
View attachment 2071152
View attachment 2071153

I *really* enjoyed my walk today! Not much to show here but thought I'd share for those who still can't dig.

I really must've been listening close today! To hear that teeny little button!! Looks like a pretty old style! So, my mansion visiting days aren't over and it appears to appreciate my visits.

Thanks for peeking!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

It was a fun revisit.

Not often I find something that's boasting on its being "forged".

And a Merc!?! It's been a really long time since my last! :dontknow:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, folks? Anyone know what the thing in the lower right of the first picture used to be? Very loosely looks like a butt plate on a rifle. :dontknow:

Thanks!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow man, that mansion keeps giving after all those years. Glad you had a nice dig

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
By the way, folks? Anyone know what the thing in the lower right of the first picture used to be? Very loosely looks like a butt plate on a rifle. :dontknow:

Thanks!
I don’t think it’s a rifle butt plate. The hole placements look to close together for that application. I don’t have a better guess though.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive thanks for Sharing with us :)

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The "Ted" Agnew ruler interests me. He was Spiro T. (Ted) Agnew, VP from 1969--until he resigned after (or before--I can't remember) being found guilty of accepting bribes.
He was the County Executive, Baltimore County, from December 1962 to December 1966. So your ruler is probably from 1962.
Don in SoCal.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A fantastic trip through a great location- very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread