What's new

Hello!

RHM

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I've been searching for about 6 months or so now. I used to do it when I was very young, but I haven't thought about it until I found an off-center cent in my coin collection that I bought in the late '90s for a dollar or two, and then I started on my quest for errors at face value. My main goal now is old coins, but I obviously keep and enjoy any errors I find.

So far, I haven't really found much. I usually search pennies because I don't have the money for a whole box of halves yet. So far, I've found about 80 wheat cents, 1 '35 Buffalo in fine-vf, just 1 war nickel, and numerous Canadian, 4 other foreign (Bahamas, Bermuda, Australia and Panama). I also search bills, and I keep whatever bigheads I find (below $100). So far, I have a 1995 $5 that I might replace and spend, because the condition isn't very good. I also found a 1977 $20 and a 1988 A $20. About 7 star notes, (2 $10 [one rare], 5 $1), 2 1963-B $1 Barr notes, 1988 A $1, 1993 $1 and several 1995 $1 (no FW295 errors) that I'll eventually liquidate.

That's about it! I'm thinking about ordering a box of halves, and buying them 5 or 10 rolls at a time. I'll post if I find anything.
 
Upvote 0
welcome to the forum! :) i also like to collect bills but i mostly only collect bills from the 50's or older. if i do find any old style bills they have to be AU or CU for me to keep. same with the dollar bills 1993 and older. i don't keep the star notes unless they are rare. well, good luck with your collection! 8)
 
Thanks! I keep the star notes and smallheads now, since I only have a few, and I save them in case my niece becomes interested later on. If I get too many, though, I would just spend them or give them to a collector/dealer for face value. I'd hate to see those nice looking Lincolns and Jacksons getting shredded up.

On a side note, I found my first silver halves yesterday! 3 40% in $70 worth of hand-rolled. $6 for $1.50! I won't be selling them or melting them by any means, though! the dates were '65, '68-D x2. One of the '68-Ds, by the way, looks as if it was released from the mint yesterday.
 
Thanks again!

I stumbled upon the 'motherlode' a few days ago. I got 3 more rolls of halves from one of the banks that yielded two 40%s, and I opened the first old-looking roll (same as the others), and I saw a '64! I took that one out, and I saw another one, and another, and another! I ended up with 18 '64s in various conditions (7 D's) and 2 '65. After I found all that, I noticed that the roll had '9-1964, 1-1965' written on the side, so I saved it along with the halves for an interesting souvenir.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom