What's new

Help a gullible newbie out......

I love my xlt,and it more than paid for it self over the years not to mention fun,excercise,etc.

the dfx has a faster clock speed,switchable filter setting,and another frequency.................

I would upgrade to that no problem (someday).

if you are going to be into it and within your budget then I say go for it.

the versatility cannot be beat.
 
I own 2 dfx's. I like it so much that I got one as my backup detector.First it has 5 different turn on and go programs you can start with, then 4 more programs you can set with your most common settings so you aren't playing with all the controls all the time you start a hunt.It does have 190 tones so each coin sounds different.You have a machine that has a large selection of coils to choose from,more then most detectors which is good for different hunting styles and soil mineralization.It keeps it's value up over the years really well if you decide you don't like it.There are several really good sites that can help with almost any questions. dfxonly.com is one site.
 
Whites makes a great line of detectors. You will be happy with whatever model you choose. I have the XLT and have used it for many years. You can turn it on and go or you can enter your own custom programs. Very versitile unit. The DFX, M6 and MXT are all very popular detectors. I have the M6 also but keep going back to the XLT because I am very comfortable with it and know it well.

You will have to decide what unit will best fit your hunting needs and area. Whatever unit you choose will work well for you once you get to know and understand the detector.

HH

Ray S
 
I would suggest the Fisher F75. The DFX is a great detector but the 300 is only a DFX with a 12" coil. You are paying more to get that coil and no 9.5" coil with it. The F75 is more suited for your environment also. Give me a call and we can go over your options.
Tony
www.tcmetaldetectors.com
 
MXT over DFX any day and then there's the 5900 dipro with 15" deep scan blue max,or the hotshot 15" :thumbsup:
 
Ga Rebel said:
I use a MXT and my daughter use the M6. I really enjoy both. The MXT is like 3 detectors in one. Something to think about is to get the MXT with the 9.5 in coil and take the money you save over the DFX 300 and get an ACE 250 for your wife or children to use.

Bud
Perfect advice!
 
Just a newbie myself, I purchased my DFX 300 last June after alot of study. I admit there were times I wondered if the extra cost was worth it -- that I might have been just as happy with the MXT. There are alot of seasoned MDers who are very satisfied with the MXT and M6.

Anyway, my reason for getting the DFX came down to versatility. I didn't know what type of detecting I wanted to do and did not want to short change myself by programming limitations. Sofar, at this point in my education, the DFX, and from what I understand, the MXT and M6 all are suitable to my interests: shallow water, beaches, farm fields, tot lots. I am having a ball learning all I can about detecting and my detector (I am very pleased with this machine). I'm genuinely hooked -- researching, buying other coils and learning more and more with each swing of the coil. I must also admit, my best find to date has been TNet. You folks are the greatest. Maybe once I'm done gearing-up the DFX, I might just get one of them other White's.

Welcome fellow newbie and good hunting.

--Dirt Junkie
 
If you like to work thru menus and tweak lots of settings, the DFX is the way to go. If you prefer to turn a couple of knobs and get going the MXT is probably the better choice. Both are very capable machines with the MXT having a shorter learning curve. They share a good selection of coils and I highly advise you to purchase one of the smaller options for working thru trashy areas in parks, fair grounds and the like. I have an MXT and have never been tempted by the DFX, but that's just me. Good luck whichever way you go.
Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom