What's new

HELP....Any auto mechanics here ?

Have you used anything to check for vacuum leaks around the engine bay? I would suggest doing that to see if that may be the culprit

Thanks......Not yet its been raining & nasty here.
 
Haha alright. Yeah check that first it’s always the cheapest route
 
This was almost the best thread I ever read. I have a 98 Silverado with a 350 5.7l that has been driving me nucking futz the past two weeks. I even went as far as taking the bed off to check the fuel pump for cracks. I just changed the air filter and cleaned the MAF. Straightened the thing right out. Many thanks and kudos to all the knowlege. :notworthy:
 
Take it to your favorite mechanic and go detecting. You deserve it!
 
I've used this with good results.
 

Attachments

  • clean.webp
    clean.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 76
Finally It stopped raining long enough to work on it.Removed & cleaned the MAF.Had some dirt/junk on the screen and the posts.The 3 MAF sensor hot wires had some junk also... Now all are as clean as new.Also cleaned the throttle body while I was at it.Outside temp is now 62 degrees.So if this didn't fix the problem I wont know until it gets colder.........Thanks for all the help guys.
 
Update.
This morning air temp was 30.Fired it up and problem is gone :)
 
Very nice! One more word of advice... Don't show any excitement around the truck or the problem surely will come back!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom