What's new

Help, ASAP!

hbrown22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
385
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
We are on our way to the artifact show and my husbands uncle gave him a bag of arrowheads to sell if anyone is buying. I don't think they are worth huge amounts of money, most have nicks/ chips, missing this or that and at one time they were glued to something (not all). My question is, does anything immediately stand out that you think I should put back and do more research on? Guessing most are only worth a few dollars. I know the pix are not the best, we are currently on the road. Thanks in advance!



image-4139462679.webp



image-2206343807.webp



image-464352602.webp

Keeping this one for my trouble :)


image-3375353009.webp



image-1041962662.webp
 
Upvote 0
Interesting finds. I know nothing about Indian artifacts so will let others comment on this.

I post only to keep your thread at top of recent posts list on home page since it is time sensitive.

Good Luck
 
I think you are correct. Don't see any huge value but they are nice. I like the one you kept best.
 
All I have to add is the tiny ones, which appear to be bird points, usually go for the most, as they are the most fragile, and hardest to find in whole condition, or even close to it. Hope this helps.
 
Keep or think more value:
Ist Pic #2,8
2nd Pic #8,13, 14
The rest not so much. You took the best piece, LOL
Some of those knives in the collection show great use-wear on one side, in some cases obliterating one ear and in the one case, an extreme angle beveled?
Good luck.
 
Thanks for the replies. It was a small show. Many didn't show and a few we're packing up early. His uncle wanted $150 for the lot. There were a few scrapers and some broken tips, but I didn't take pix. I knew he wouldn't get what he wanted, I didn't even ask. Even though it was small, it did give us a hands on with the tools. Basically, it's gonna have a patina all it's own and not the crude forms we think we find :) Wish they would have had some pottery examples. Next weekend is another show, hope its a little better.
 
The last one is a Pencil Drill. Its worth the most from what I can see. Depending on the type of stone its probably worth $8-$15. The points are all field grade.
 
The one in the last pic looks like a small chisel to me. The rest are mostly worn and probably worth a couple bucks a piece. Thanks for the pics and welcome.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom