What's new

HELP Duraglass Owen Illinois Bottle!

tiffany252

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,

So I found an old clear glass bottle in an older part of my small college town in NC. I usually use these bottles for art which is why I collect glass bottles (Usually Alcohol Bottles). However before I ruin this bottle with paint I want to know the history. I have been researching the best I can but in the last few days I have found nothing on what this bottle even is. So if you can help that would be great!

Important Notes:
  • Clear Bottle
  • Duraglas is found at the base rather then on the bottom
  • Scallop type design
  • Old Logo, Seems to be from 7th plant in Alton Illinois.

    I could be wrong, so I appreciate any insight given.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5418.webp
    IMG_5418.webp
    230.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5416.webp
    IMG_5416.webp
    289.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5417.webp
    IMG_5417.webp
    281.8 KB · Views: 116
Welcome to Tnet, Tiffany! Probably a juice bottle of some sort, 1952 or 1962, doesn't strike me as being from 1942. It looks like you've done quite enough research already!

Here's a can of worms for you: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/OwensIllinois2015.pdf

Go ahead and paint this one,


NJ
 
Thank You, I always like history so I made sure to dive deep. I had already read the link you shared so thank you.
 
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard tiffany252! Take a look at Forum: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Very nice bottle welcome to tnet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom