Missouri

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Yepper, Frank nailed it! I left a similar post on the coin roll hunting forum.

Yepper, Frank nailed it! I left a similar post on the coin roll hunting forum.

enamel... Sorry to beat you to the answer! I very seldom look in the CRH forum but really need to as some folks post there Errors and Varieties there. I tried to attribute the RPM onlin due to laziness but finally had to look for my' Cherrypicker's Guide, found it and it was the second one I looked at. I went straight to the FS-502 because that is where I landed by chance when looking, then had to go back a page for the FS-501 and Bingo.

Twitch... Can you post pics of the full Obverse and Reverse or tell us what you would grade the coin at? A graded FS-501 in MS-63 should fetch close to $75 or more and I believe the finest grade is a lone MS-66 grade by NGC. If it is only an AU coin, it might bring $40 in the raw but who knows, it could fetch more.

Frank

Last edited:
Here are the best pictures I can get of the coin overall. It looks pretty decent in hand. Shows a lot of flaws in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
Well, the Reverse is in much better condition than the Obverse and overall, I think an AU-50 is about the best you can hope for in a grade on the coin. Still, I believe that due to the popularity of the RPM Variety, the coin could fetch $30 to $40 on a good day. In any case, a strongly separated RPM as such, is a good find any day of the week, month or year!

Frank

Well, the Reverse is in much better condition than the Obverse and overall, I think an AU-50 is about the best you can hope for in a grade on the coin.

Thanks. Looking at the on-line grading places I was thinking about the same, probably XF'ish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back