What's new

HELP HELP!!!!!!

DREC

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 24, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
HELLO, IM NEW TO CRH. I JUST STARTED TWO WEEKS AGO DOING HALF DOLLARS. BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT EXACTLY I AM LOOKING FOR. I SEE PEOPLE POST THAT THEY LOOK FOR 2001P'S AND 87' P&D, WHY DO THEY LOOK FOR THESE ONES? ARE THERE ANY OTHER DATES I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR? SO FAR I HAVE GONE THROUGH ABOUT 450 DOLLARS WORTH AND HAVE FOUND 11 SILVERS. ONE BEN FRANKLIN. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME ON THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS.
 
Upvote 0
If you want just keep the silver ones. That is any dates before 1964(90% silver) 1965-1970(40% silver). Also there were silver S mints in 1976 as well as after 1992 I believe. NIFC stands for not intended for circulation and these dates are from the late 80's-present I believe. Many CRHers hold on to these in hopes that one day they will be worth money. Me I am more interested in the silver. Guys correct me if I am wrong on the NIFC's


-Golden Silver
 
Thanks, but nobody knows why a few people on here have said they keep 2001p's? Is there an error on the coin or something?
 
For some reason the Red Book shows the 2001 P as NIFC, although I do believe that they were circulated. I thought that 2002 and sooner were NIFC. I beleive that it is just a misprint, but I could be wrong.
 
Alright. Thanks for your help. I guess I will just dump them then.
 
hey drec read the thread that is posted (tacked) at the top of the board. lots of useful information there....and good luck
 
The 2001-P is not NIFC. The red book is wrong on that. So keep 2002 and forward (If you want. Many do not, as you've already read) but dump the 2001-P's. And BURN the 2001-D's, as there are TOO MANY of those suckers out there! ;D
 
Most importantly save all the 1976 and 1995Ps. Please!

JK I'm so sick of seeing those.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom