62 KB · Views: 792
Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Help I.D Please

wow.you have some good points, did you ind them.its hard to put a value on arrowheads.but both of yours are probally worth over one thousand dollars each. jamey

Buckhunter

May 9, 2010
Elsberry Mo
Detector(s) used
Graphite golf club shaft, and my eyes

I like the first one better And Im to cheap to give a $1000.00 for anything but a gun. Maybe its a Benton?

F

Felinepeachy

Don't sell it. Loan it to a museum for a certain length of time so other folks can admire it. Small local ones really appreciate those sort of things. :thumbsup:

F

Felinepeachy

Well you could try the local history museum. If you have an historical society, they may be interested too. The little historical society museum where I used to live had a beautiful collection of Indian artifacts from the surrounding area with tidbits of info about each item. I loved it as did many other folks. It's a gorgeous arrowhead and one to be admired. :thumbsup:

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine lent a few arrows to a museum & never got them back..Either keep it or sell it.

Molly.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Yes, becareful loaning it to a museum. You can outright donate an item to a museum for tax purposes, I do that all the time.

I've loaned examples of my paleo collection out to university staff before, but I always cross my t's and dot my i's when I do. You have to have a very specifically worded signed/notarized agreement (with pictures of all the items) detailing when/how it will be returned. The person you deal with can get fired, retire, move on, forget, pass away, etc. and then you are left dealing someone else who is going to see you as someone trying to take something from the museum.

Molly said:
A friend of mine lent a few arrows to a museum & never got them back..Either keep it or sell it.

Molly.

OP
OP
D

drsno1

May 18, 2009
I just found this website and see a lot of knowledgeable members so i was trying to get some info on some of my points. I will post pics of more of my things later. I have lots of tools and points.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread