HELP I Don"t want to make a $300 mistake

gtcuppels

Jul 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI I am a nebe to current metal detector technology I am considering three detectors
the mine lab 305
the garrett ace 350
the pioneer 505 pro
I have a low threshold for adjusting stuff as does my wife so of these three which would you recommend understanding that I am technology challenged and really want a good detector that works out of the box without adjustment. I want a plug and play unit so what do you guys think?

Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reviews in the 305 aren't that great, but I've heard the 505 is a good machine. The absolute last thing you want is a PI machine anywhere near a rec area unless you have the will to dig 2 foot holes after a piece if old rusty iron.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said his primary use would be beaches. That's where you want to use a PI machine. If you learn to pin point properly, you can use them in other areas but, Yeah, it will be tougher without discrimination and a depth gauge. Why would your "holes" be any bigger than using any other machine?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said his primary use would be beaches. That's where you want to use a PI machine. If you learn to pin point properly, you can use them in other areas but, Yeah, it will be tougher without discrimination and a depth gauge. Why would your "holes" be any bigger than using any other machine?

Oh I was mainly talking about depth not diameter. But your right it can be used anywhere and the one I've owned was the sand shark. Great machine! Good price and lifetime warranty! Just not my cup if tea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread