What's new

help id please

Red Earth

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
This is a mortar I'm assuming. It is located in Texas on a friends land. Its quite large. The bowl itself is about 12in diameter. Anyone seen one likes this
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131021_102055.webp
    ForumRunner_20131021_102055.webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 119
  • ForumRunner_20131021_102106.webp
    ForumRunner_20131021_102106.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
It looks like one! You could cook in a hole that size by dropping heated rocks into it. Color is weird!! lichens....what's all the white, caliche??? Who knows what's around, under that stone!
 
I have seen stones like that. I know where two of those are, assuming loggers haven't torn them up. They are on a creek deep in the woods. So deep in the woods I never have pondered the removal of them. Tom, do you think the odd coloration in the pictures here could be the result of heating?
 
That's a great find for sure !!!!
 
Could be natural but it does look like other examples I've seen, and yeah what is the white stuff?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom